Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: ellicott city, Maryland
How this role contributes to the Y’s mission:
As a Y Senior Fitness Director, you’ll be an important part of a mission-driven, charitable organization that helps children, adults, families, and communities achieve more in all aspects of life. The Y Senior Fitness Director provides day to day operation and supervision of fitness departments including the fitness center, group exercise classes and health & well-being programs. You will hire, coach and develop a team of professionals that is focused on providing superior member experience at all times. You will assist in the promotion and delivery of the group exercise and personal training programs. You’ll also ensures a safe and enjoyable experience as well as a clean environment for the members and program participants. You will prepare the annual budget for the fitness and personal training departments as well as implement the necessary controls to ensure budgetary requirements are met. As a Y Senior Fitness Director, you’ll contribute to the Y and to the broader community we serve by creating experiences that help people feel a greater sense of health and well-being, purpose, acceptance and belonging.
This work is right for you if you have:
• A love of fitness and people
• A desire to help & encourage others to have fun with fitness
• The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children, parents/guardians, members, and other Y associates
• At least 5 year of supervisory and program development experience in fitness, group experience and/or personal training
• Prior experience in fiscal management, member service & engagement and facility management
• Prior experience leading fitness operations in a facility with 3500 units or similar
• A nationally recognized accredited exercise certification (ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NETA preferred) or YMCA certification
• A nationally recognized personal training certification (ACE, NSCA-PT, ACSM or equivalent)
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in health & well-being field