Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
INSTRUCTIONAL PROGRAM MANAGER: EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES IN CLACKAMAS, OR
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
General summary of duties: Coordinates all aspects of the Paramedic/EMS Education Programs: planning, implementation, and evaluation. Maintains all components of the Paramedic Program to meet the CoAEMSP/CAAHEP accreditation requirements. Provides coordination and instruction in other EMS education programs as needed. Manages multiple campuses in some areas.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Job responsibilities and knowledge
* Supervises faculty and contract/adjunct instructors in the classroom and lab settings.
* Supervises faculty in the clinical and field internship phases of the program.
* Conducts regular Program staff meetings.
* Evaluates guest lectures and provides feedback in a timely manner.
* Counsels students as necessary and completes documentation.
* Serves as a mentor to other staff.
* Paramedic Program Director responsibilities
* Provides administration, organization, and supervision of the Program.
* Develops the course schedule.
* Provides continuous quality review and improvement of the Program.
* Completes long range planning and ongoing development of the program.
* Implements and monitors systems to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Program.
* Involves the program Medical Director in course operation and student and Program evaluation.
* Meets all other CoAEMSP/CAAHEP accreditation requirements.
* Coordination and instruction
* Coordinates courses as assigned.
* Participates in instruction and skill labs/evaluation for programs.
* Evaluates student progress periodically and provides feedback and counseling on a regular basis.
* Oversees coordination of the clinical and field internship sites.
* Develops and maintains relationships with EMS agencies that accept EMS students.
* Coordinates and provides supervision of Program students in the clinical and field internship sites.
* Schedules and conducts as applicable: student interviews, mid-term evaluations/counseling, and final examinations with the Program Medical Director.
* Initiates graduate and employer surveys six months following graduation.
* Completes CoAEMSP/CAAHEP Annual Report before due date.
* Maintains Instructor status for standardized courses as mutually agreed upon.
* Reviews and recommends potential training materials and resources.
* Planning and reporting
* Assists with marketing of courses.
* Reviews and revises Program course materials and syllabi as needed.
* Ensures that the Program has appropriate lesson plans and course preparation and delivery materials according to National EMS Education Standards.
* Ensures that curricula is current according to national standards and current evidence informed practice.
* Prepares re-accreditation self-study as scheduled by the CoAEMSP/CAAHEP.
* Reviews all evaluations from students and provides feedback as appropriate and initiates action plans as indicated.
* Ensures that student evaluation tools are appropriate and relevant for all three domains (cognitive, psychomotor, and affective) and feedback is provided to students on a frequent basis.
* Manages the item development, revision, and analysis process to meet accreditation standards.
* Other Administrative
* Schedules Program Advisory Committee meetings at least annually.
* Participates in Consortium meetings annually.
* Publishes Program outcomes as required by CoAEMSP/CAAHEP.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Communicates/consults with the NCTI/AMR Learning executive team on issues as appropriate.
* Communicates/consults with the Program Medical Director on issues as appropriate and documents discussions and decisions.
* Establishes and maintains positive working relationships within the organization based on experience and feedback obtained during the year.
* Utilizes tact and appropriate problem-solving process when dealing with issues identified.
* Relays concerns and initiates problem solving in a timely manner.
* Interacts positively with staff members, agency personnel, and students.
* Serves as an ambassador for all department programs.
* Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality regarding patient and agency personnel information.
* Monitors costs on a periodic basis and participates in the budget request process.
* Executes job duties to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
* Demonstrates an appreciation of cost factors in the routine performance of duties; maximizes cost efficiency; implements resource management strategies.
* Oversees the maintenance of Program equipment and supplies.
* Responds and adapts to changing expectations and reprioritizes as necessary to expedite Program needs.
* Assumes responsibility for effectively addressing issues and solving problems.
* Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions.
* Cooperates with intradepartmental problem identification and solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work with other employees, supervisors and external parties.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information gained as result of job functions.
* Ability to work independently and under pressure.
* Ability to establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
* Bachelor s degree required
* Master s Degree preferred
* AHA BLS Instructor*
* AHA ACLS Instructor*
* Instructor of either PALS or PEPP or EPC*
* PHTLS or ITLS Instructor*
* Completion of an approved Instructor course*, specifics as required by local governing authority
* *required within one year of hire
* Minimum 5 years progressive experience in a field/clinical setting as a Paramedic or emergency nurse
* Experience in supervision of staff required
* Documented teaching experience
* Coordination of EMS education programs required
* Experience in formal performance improvement process preferred
Licensure/certification: Certified/Licensed Paramedic or Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of employment
* NREMT certification preferred
* Current certification/licensure in the Program state
Physical demands/working conditions: Requires prolonged sitting, lifting and bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in a variety of settings to include field; emergency department and office environment. Work may be stressful at times.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled