Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety of human resources administration functions, including: conducting hiring processes, recruiting, initial training, new associate orientation, administering benefits, entering associate information into the automated resource system, maintaining personnel files, providing counseling, and maintaining EEO/AA records.
Primary job function is to perform general human resources administrative and clerical functions.
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
* Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
* Prepares state/city board security applications on a daily basis; coordinates licensing activity with supervisors and issues guard cards upon receipt; advises appropriate management staff of any irregularities encountered in an individual s licensing procedure.
* Assists with the recruitment, screening, interviewing, hiring and orientation of new employees; prepares necessary paperwork for personnel files.
* Coordinates the application process and maintenance of applicant logs with administrative staff.
* Processes corporate affirmative action reports and other personnel reports; tracks percentages and advises appropriate management staff of any adverse impact or potential adverse impact in hiring, transfers, promotions, or terminations.
* Assists with maintaining officer training records.
* Assists with payroll and benefits administration; reconciles related records.
* Records associate information, such as: personal and tax data; compensation and benefits data; attendance; performance reviews or evaluations; and, termination date and reason.
* Updates and maintains confidential personnel files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
* Examines personnel files to answer inquiries; provides information to authorized persons.
* Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports using typewriter or computer.
* Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 2 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
* Understanding of human resources administrative processes.
* Thorough understanding of standard office procedures and practices.
* Demonstrated knowledge of mathematical concepts including computation of rates, ratios, percentages, averages and reconciliation.
* Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
* Ability to use personal computers and office productivity software.
* Good interviewing skills.
* Ability to write original correspondence.
* Planning, organizing, and project coordination skills.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
* Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
* Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
* Ability to be an effective team member and handle projects responsibly.
* Courteous telephone manner.
* Strong customer and results orientation.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
* Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Computer usage.
* Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
* May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
* Regular talking and hearing.
* Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
* Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
* Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.