Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cary, North Carolina
SAS enables clients to unify their analytics initiatives onto a single ecosystem, enabling them to scale as appropriate, remain workbench agnostic (leveraging both open source and SAS-developed insights) and deploy on modern cloud and hybrid architectures. Critical business and operational decisions can be at orchestrated in real time and at the edge as appropriate and be governed and managed centrally to ensure expected business value is delivered both immediately and into the future.
We are seeking a candidate who wants to be part of a successful and dynamic revenue-generating software sales support team. The role will leverage your business and technical expertise to help the sales team position and sell its solutions. Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to think big picture in a way that will help create a vision for potential customers, while mapping out the practical and functional details needed to execute a completed vision.
In order to help SAS successfully maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction, you will be responsible for providing consultative guidance, including needs discovery, positioning, mapping of software capabilities to business value and vision, leveraging proof of concept results to quantify potential financial impact, and business-oriented presentations that highlight the value and uniqueness of SAS offerings to prospect organizations. You will also be a significant contributor to a team of people dedicated to ensuring business objectives are well understood and software capabilities are appropriately aligned to successful implementation and adoption.
You will manage multiple projects and priorities and interact with customers of all sizes ranging from small- and mid-size companies to SAS largest named accounts. Interactions will occur at all levels of the customer organization from the C-suite to individual contributors.
A primary focus of the role will be to apply an understanding of how technology is used to create business and financial value to help the client understand, articulate and communicate how SAS will add business value to their specific organization. The ability to communicate complex subjects in ways that both business and technical users can understand is a critical success factor for this role.
Candidate must have a strong interest in computer technology and a desire to stay current with the pace of technology and its application across all customers and industries.
* Provide reliable articulation of business and financial expectations through role as expert in the application of specific SAS products to solve specific business problems
* A track record with examples of the ability to understand, utilize and communicate business cases internally and externally
* Build trusted relationships with the sales team and client account to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
* Strategize with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provide business-value solution leadership for sales opportunities
* Conduct discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the formation of a client s internal business case whether that be in the form of a financial justification or an executive-level vision communication document
* Participate in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a sufficient level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges limitations may be encountered
* Provide support for regional business development activities and events
* Work proactively with Systems Engineers, Solutions Architects and Industry Consultants to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field. M.B.A. and/or a concentration in analytics preferred
* Requires eight years of experience in a client & executive-facing role creating and presenting business cases
* An understanding of the various types of business cases and when each should be used
* The ability to demonstrate knowledge of SAS functionality and the means of solving business problems through innovative use of analytic methods and practical approaches to customer requirements
* An ability to take complicated, extensive and technical materials and synthesize them for consumption by an executive audience
* Business understanding of how SAS software tools, techniques and methodologies lead to quantifiable results (or a demonstrated ability to quickly acquire the required knowledge)
* Strong business and financial acumen
* Proven track record delivering complex messages to executive audiences
* The ability to work and learn both independently and as part of a team
* Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
* The ability to travel 25%+ of the time as business needs require
* Location: Cary, NC, Chicago, Washing D.C., and NY preferred; United States also considered
* Financial Services and/ or Public Sector experience
* Management Consulting experience
* Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn