Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Exton, Pennsylvania
The Digital Platform Cloud Development Senior Engineer is responsible for the Zoetis external cloud platforms supporting Digital and Data Analytics for end users. This includes technical and non-technical standards, best practices, connectivity, security, education and deployment. This Senior Engineer will assist with the creation, implementation and maintenance of the enterprise cloud architecture. The Senior Engineer will work with the digital application teams to ensure application design fits cloud application development best practices. The Senior Engineer will design and follow best practices, standards and guidelines for external cloud platforms.
* Collaborate with various Digital, Data, and business-facing groups in the organization to identify new requirements and desired enhancements
* Work with internal partners for the development of new cloud applications or enhancements of existing applications for cloud.
* Manage and supervise vendor relationships, including managed service providers and software vendors
* Ensure that disaster recovery plan is in place and viable
* Support the Enterprise Engineers to drive production readiness of CloudOps (Operations), DevOps (Engineering), FinOps (Operations) teams.
* Interacts with colleagues and business clients to ensure effective use of information and data
* Establish Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the service operation and delivery
* Adopt, customize and implement best practice DevOps policies and DevOps procedures (encouraging collaboration across Dev, Ops, Security, etc. using process, tools, and human interaction)
* Assist with the documentation and high-level designs and standards for the Cloud environments and M&A activities
* Ensure all projects meet relevant coding, architecture, and security standards and that vendors deliver proper documentation and source code.
* Maintain knowledge of existing and future cloud computing capabilities.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES IN COLLABORATION WITH OTHER GROUPS:
* Interact with vendors, and other technical support groups for cloud monitoring & management, and systems maintenance and enhancements
* Support acquisition, collaboration, and divestiture activity. This includes rapid integration of acquired companies from a technical perspective.
* Analyze and process cloud related purchase requisitions, invoices, and quotes
* Provide appropriate technical and operational input to the sourcing and procurement of cloud software purchases, services, and maintenance contracts, etc.
* Bachelor s degree in a recognized, and relevant technical, or business-related field
* 8+ years of relevant work experience
* 3+ years of cloud development and oversight required
* Experience in pharmaceutical or life sciences industry is preferred.
* Microsoft Azure Administrator, Microsoft Azure Developer or AWS Associate certification.
* Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge and success managing client engagements relating to the creation of business processes and enterprise cloud solutions, including the following: Requirements analysis, design, implementation, and migration for business partners
* Cloud certification or other applicable certifications desirable
* Demonstrates proven abilities utilizing a Cloud Provider suite of products and of their design and implementation.
* A commitment to best practices with the ability to define operational processes, implement DevSecOps, and more.
* Experience delivering highly-available business critical services with maximum uptime requirements
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and negotiate with individuals and groups at multiple levels across the organization
* Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and work in an unstructured environment
* Ability to effectively utilize colleague and contract resources to achieve goals
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to identify and prioritize continual improvement opportunities, including developing improvement approach alternatives, opportunity cost and estimates of net benefit impact
* Familiarity with system development, and operational process methodologies
* Diverse technical team experience.
* Experience in a commercial environment, preferably life-sciences, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and resources concurrently, managing budgets and forecasts for IT investments.
* Ability to manage multiple Service Providers from a technical, project and financial standpoint
* Knowledge of pharma/animal health or similar regulated businesses and relevant threats to the animal health industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* Understanding of a broad range of cloud technologies within IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Security, DevOps/DevSecOps, Identity, and IoT
* Understanding of a broad range of technical disciplines including networking, web, database, identity, single-sign-on (SSO), DNS, IoT and how they interrelate.
* Experience with web applications and services.
* Experience with developing or supporting solution in container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
* Experience using configuration, orchestration and automation tools. (Chef/Terrraform /etc)
* Experience in continuous integration and delivery (e.g. Jenkins)
* Web applications and Services (SOAP and REST)
* Experience with different databases, including working knowledge of SQL, relational data stores and data lakes.
* Knowledge of pharma/animal health or similarly-regulated businesses
* Strong troubleshooting and remediation skills are required, including: root cause analysis, identification of alternatives and workarounds, impact analysis, data remediation
* Experience in version control systems (TFS/GitHub)
* Experience in scripting in PowerShell, Bash, Python.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @zoetis.com . In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.