Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
* Provide global Middleware & Database ( Mid-Tier ) engineering and Level 3 support
* Create Mid-Tier operating standards, processes, and documentation in support of Zoetis applications, with a brief to design and deliver timely, bullet proof, cost effective services to the business
* Collaborate and partner with other Infrastructure teams, and business aligned ITS teams to strategically promote Mid-Tier standards across the enterprise
* Partner with Cloud & Integration team in engineering, testing, deployment and support of cloud-based database solutions for both AWS and Microsoft Azure
STRATEGY AND BUSINESS RESULTS
* Drive the development of a business aligned, standards based, strategy for Zoetis database services and solutions
* Act as an innovation enabler and proactively bring forward opportunities and solutions that can drive cost effective service delivery and enable revenue growth and profitability for the company.
* Deploy appropriate internal and external controls to deliver bullet proof Mid-Tier infrastructure and services that are Disaster Ready and Audit Ready, with SLAs that strive for 24x7 availability, 100% uptime
* Create appropriate metrics/KPIs and then track, report upon, and proactively communicate results from system/database performance monitoring
ARCHITECTURE, DELIVERY, AND SUPPORT
* Develop, deploy and continually enhance integrated, standardized solutions and services for the company. Including:
* Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL database solutions
* Technology standards & roadmaps
* Support robust Disaster Recovery standards, enablement, testing and ongoing enhancement
* Contribute to and help maintain the enterprise systems architecture. Ensure adherence to standards and polices for Mid-Tier technology components, and integration between related system, application, and infrastructure architectures.
* Drive the standardization and rationalization of the Zoetis database infrastructure towards a clearly defined, optimized, and enhanced end-state architecture.
* Assist in the creation, maintenance and communication of the Zoetis Mid-Tier and other related technology architecture(s), including relevant design and technology standards
* Manage chosen service providers in the deployment and ongoing support of all database related services
* L3+ support of all database related services
* Manage database infrastructure within defined annual operating and capital budgets consistent with established financial guidelines, and as part of the overall ITS Infrastructure budget
* Create, deploy and maintain appropriate processes and practices, to facilitate operational, and organizational success. Continuously look for improvement/development/enhancement opportunities.
* Manage vendor relationship(s) as appropriate, including SLA monitoring, development of new services, continuous improvement initiatives.
* Analyze and process related purchase requisitions, invoices, and quotes
* Provide appropriate technical and operational input to the sourcing and procurement of infrastructure hardware and software purchase, licensing, service, and maintenance contracts, etc.
* Develop, in conjunction with quality/compliance teams, the necessary documentation and procedures to qualify the platforms in support of compliance regulations.
* Bachelor s degree in a recognized and relevant field is preferred
* 5+ years of relevant work experience
* Clear understanding of IT Infrastructure lifecycle: Architecture, Design and Operations
* Experience providing technical leadership and project management oversight
* Experience in a commercial environment, preferably life sciences
* Experience in supporting management in driving productivity and managing workload through prioritization
* Ability to represent the department on cross-division initiatives
* Desire to work in a team environment and proactively drive technical solutions that meet business needs
* Knowledge of pharma/animal health or similarly regulated businesses
* Willingness and desire to engage and learn multiple database and middleware technologies
TECHNICAL SKILLS: * Proficiency in Oracle and/or SQL Server. Working knowledge of MySQL.
* Experience in web-based technologies, data warehousing, high availability, Backup and Recovery (Data Protection) solutions, and ServiceNow a plus
* Experience with Red Hat Linux and Windows O/S functionality
* Ability to architect new infrastructure and standardize new technologies in support of business clients needs
* Able to see the long-term industry direction and understand how the projects they are driving fit into the business strategy
* Able to take input from multiple sources and be able to formalize stable, cost effective solutions
* Ability to write technical documentation in a format understandable and usable by Level I and II personnel
* Ability to implement and utilize stringent change management processes
**Position requires some off-hours Level III support of supported technologies.**
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @zoetis.com . In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.