Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Anderson, South Carolina
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general maintenance and repair of the refrigeration laboratory. Electrolux-NA is a high volume manufacture of domestic and international refrigerators, consisting of Top mount, Side by Side, Bottom Mount, Freezers and some commercial applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintenance and repairs of temperature and humidity controlled chambers.
* Complete weekly inspections of chambers.
* Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocol.
* Perform scheduled maintenance repairs.
* Implement preventative maintenance measures.
* Perform maintenance of electrical systems.
* Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality of the chambers.
* Install and maintain ventilation and refrigeration units
* Perform maintenance of humidity control systems.
* Perform other maintenance duties as requested.
* Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
* Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies.
* 5S maintenance of storage area.
* Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
* Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus.
* Proven experience as maintenance technician.
* Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods.
* Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
* Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
* Strong organizational and follow up skills.
* Proficient with PC software such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Power Point.
* 5+ years of maintenance experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills.
* PLC understanding and experience.
* Experience with National Instruments equipment is a plus.
* Detail oriented and organizational.
* Strong critical thinking and creative skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to drive, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Electrolux Home Products, Inc., together with its parent companies; affiliates; subsidiaries and divisions (collectively referred to as Electrolux ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local law.