Posted in Other 2 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
I m Stephen Potter, SE Manager of US East at Puppet,
I m looking for a Senior Sales Engineer (NE) to join our team. Sales Engineers at Puppet come from a variety of backgrounds, but must be comfortable with automation. This role focuses on ensuring customers receive the value and fully adopt Puppet s portfolio of software.
The role allows people of various backgrounds which include Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps Engineer, Software Development, Automation Software Consultants, as well as Professional Services Engineer. The solutions engineering team at Puppet includes a cross-section of people with those backgrounds including teammates like Sr. Solutions Architect, Josef Singer, former Sr. Sales Engineer, Paul Reed, and Sr. Solutions Architect, Thomas Linkin.
What s a Senior Sales Engineer*
* Build relationships with existing Puppet customers using technical advocacy as a vehicle to ensure the value of Puppet solutions
* Discover technical challenges and craft automation strategies that provide tangible value to the business
* Develop and educate potential Puppet accounts using consultative depth and skill to showcase automation
* Drive demand for expansion of new products through use case design and demonstrations
* Create technical proposals that fulfill your customers business goals by leveraging automation value, building phased roadmap delivery, and aspirational vision leading to the technical closure of sales opportunities
* Work closely with peered Account Executives to align Puppet s technical advantages to solve Customer s Business Challenges
* Travel regionally in order to develop close account relationships and support sales activities
Who do SE s collaborate with on a daily basis*
* Sales Account Management developing business opportunities in conjunction with your technical guidance and direction
* Professional Service Engineers delivering engagements based upon collaborative solutions designed together
* Technical Account Managers aligned with you to guarantee the highest level of customer satisfaction
* Peer SE's to share, collaborate, and build technical relationships leading to challenging opportunities that expand your knowledge and skills
* Product Management designing new solutions and pushing Puppet into new areas of the automation marketplace
What are the typical qualifications of an SE*
* You have 5 years or more of experience with using and positioning DevOps tools, workflows, automation solutions, integrating products
* You possess a comfort in front of audiences sharing your knowledge and presenting your solutions
* You sift through information to find root causes or commonalities of issues, to find places for improvement, and think outside the box
* You enjoy collaboration and social interaction with peers and other high achievers
* You demonstrate a consultative background participating and leading projects driving technological change using DevOps or Automation
* You maintain a passion to constantly learn and grow your technical and social skills
* You successfully completed a Computer Science or similar Degree
P.S. Don t identify with this opportunity* Don t worry about it - let us know if you think this is the place for you.
Working for Puppet
Puppet is leading the movement that will define the next decade of software.
Today it s characterized by the general realization that for companies to remain relevant, they have to constantly provide great software to their users.
Tomorrow it s defined by a world of frictionless software change where any company can deliver a better experience to their users, at any moment.
We re building a world of unconstrained software change. Where the software that powers everything around us is always available, is constantly modern, and accessible from anywhere
The company is growing fast and we're determined for everyone here to have a real impact on the company and our customers every day. We're driven and restless. We encourage creativity and collaboration. By challenging each other, we foster continuous improvement.
Here at Puppet, our values are our "culture code" and guide all that we do. They embody who we are as a team, as a community, and as a business. That s why we hire carefully for individuals who clearly represent our company values. That means being connected to the communities we serve (around the globe and online), having an understanding that candid conversations can drive innovation, those who know how to ask themselves the right questions to drive customer benefit, and those who understand that the many people, perspectives and places that makeup our company are key to our success.
Puppet offers excellent health benefits for employees and family, a flexible time-off policy (that we do insist you use), and a variety of methods to grow your skills and further your career. We have employees all around the US, the UK, Sweden, Canada, the Czech Republic and Australia. Our headquarters in downtown Portland, Oregon, is one block off Tom McCall Waterfront Park with views of Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens and the Willamette River.
More than 30,000 companies including more than two thirds of the Fortune 100 use Puppet s open source and commercial solutions to achieve situational awareness and drive software change with confidence. We power companies including Twitter, Yelp, Disney, Google, Citrix, eBay, NYSE, Cisco WebEx, Salesforce, Bank of America and PayPal.
Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, VMware, Google Ventures, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners.
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-877-575-9775 for assistance.