Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Job Description and Requirements
The candidate will be joining the VC Formal R&D team in USA, as an individual technical contributor.
VC Formal is a high capacity, high performance next-generation formal verification solution that includes best-in-class algorithms, methodologies, databases and user interfaces. Built from the ground up, this solution was architected to address today s most challenging verification tasks, and provides the very latest and best formal verification engines available. VC Formal has the capacity, speed and flexibility to verify some of the most difficult SoC design challenges, and includes excellent analysis, filtering and debug techniques to quickly identify root causes.
The candidate technically leads & delivers multi-project functionality in each product release. Drives the initiative visibly within the group and is recognized as the leader and owner of the initiative. Sells the vision to peers and upper management. Works hands-on and implements software for the functional area.
Accountable for quality of work, results obtained and productivity of the employee's supervised. Develops project schedules and executes w/o direction from manager. Effectively prioritizes work and trades off project milestones vs. features.
Assignments are given by manager in terms of broad objectives and strategy. Identifies problems, solutions and resources needed to meet the objectives. Responsible for getting the final solution to problems. Problems may be new and very open ended. Runs effective meetings needed to work through problems, and also helps the team get over (or around) 'brick walls' that they run into. Demonstrates excellent decision making in selecting and discarding technology alternatives. Works closely with global cross-functional teams in defining, implementing and delivering the solutions.
Develops vision of future customer requirements and needs. Acts as customer advocate and judge of user impact. Collaborates and plans effectively with customers in strategic partnerships. Establishes customer relationships or academic contacts.
The work will require algorithm, data structure design as well as developing robust and efficient implementations. The engineer is expected to specify, design, implement and test in a large and complex software development environment
- Typically requires a BS/MS in CS/EC with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent coder in C/C++.
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures
- Prior knowledge/experience/education in Formal Technologies (model checking, LTL, CTL, formal engines like BDD, SAT) is required.
- Prior Knowledge of digital logic is required.
- Excellent analytical, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience in EDA optimization algorithms is beneficial.
- Familiar with software development process, debugging tools and configuration management tools.
- Should have experience working in a multi-person product development environment with high dependencies and tight schedules.
- Receives little to no instructions on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments and projects.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions.
It is essential that the candidate has high integrity and a positive attitude. He/She will be a highly motivated, responsible, and dependable individual with self-drive and demonstrate a strong desire to learn and explore new technologies. It is essential that the individual has fast learning abilities. Initiative is required to drive solutions to problems when working in a team. He/She will be flexible to work on multiple tasks based on project priorities. The individual will be an excellent team player and is expected to have good oral and written communication skills and proficiency in English language.
Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender preference, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Covered Veteran in accordance with federal law. In addition, Synopsys complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Synopsys Inc. also provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with a disability in accordance with applicable laws.