Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
INDIRECT BUYER SPECIALIST
LOCATION: SHELTON, CT (06484)
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages supplier accounts and places purchase orders for repair and overhaul of parts from customer fleet.
Sources and purchases machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, parts, services, and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization. Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives. Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes. Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records. May prepare bid packages.
Statement of Work:
* Management of 3rd Party/OEM repairs as well as offload services to execute government contracts for military aircraft. This includes PO placement for inducting repairs, obtaining supplier quotes, negotiating and funding repairs. Ensure suppliers provide a response in a timely manner upon receiving parts.
* Follow up with respective suppliers to ensure timely repair turnaround time. Mitigate supplier issues if commit dates do not meet the customer need date.
* Supplier relationship management and driving improvement efforts across O&R.
* Management of supplier performance metrics, including: Supplier On-Time Delivery, Repair Turnaround Time, Delivery to Contract, Purchase Price Variance, Purchase Requisition placement, Cost of Poor Quality, etc.
* Management of the overall procurement cycle, including any necessary coordination among programs and various functional support groups, purchase order placement and administration in support of sub-contracts.
* Management of critical, time-sensitive and complex issues including; proposal evaluations, contract documentation, modifications for contract changes. Will assist in the development of subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services.
* Interact in an integrated team environment by coordinating with Programs, Engineering, Legal, USG Customer, Finance, and Marketing.
Experience Preferred: SAP, purchasing, prior aerospace experience
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.