Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Midland, Texas
Service Supervisor - Frac
Midland, TX, US
Universal Pressure Pumping
Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc. a premier source for hydraulic fracturing, cementing, nitrogen and acidizing services for reservoir enhancement. Universal Pressure Pumping provides well services primarily in Texas and the Mid-Continent and Appalachian regions.
The Fracturing Service Supervisor is responsible for supervising all areas and functions on the FRAC well site; instructing equipment operators in performing their assigned work; monitoring completion of work by the assigned crew; ensuring that necessary equipment and personnel are assigned to the job; monitoring high-risk activities to ensure safety practices are followed; preparing daily work tickets; ensuring that the job packet is complete and correct.
This role performs under general direction of the Field Supervisor.
Health, Safety & Environment
* Prepare for and participate in monthly site inspections
* Ensure compliance with LOTO, ATW, Hot Work Permits and all other UPP operational standards
* Completion of ATWs, Spot Checks, Roles and Accountabilities and incident reporting
* Ensure the completion & review of JSEA briefs, Spot Checks, BBS cards and update the HSE Daily Assignment Board
* Review Below Zero Cards and corrective actions if needed with site supervisors
* Report all hazards, hazardous situations, accidents, incidents and injuries
* Know and promote the UPP Safe-Start and Cornerstone principles
Personnel / Human Resources
* Ensure all crew members are fit for duty via face to face interaction
* Manage crew members vacation, sick time, hours and quarterly counseling statements
* Manage crew members training cards, ensure that practical exams are detailed & thorough and conducted by qualified people and make sure all related records are organized
* Participate in new hire developmental process by engaging new hires on phase questions and know the status of the new hire s progress
* Know and follow all HR policies relative to the management of employees and know how to access these documents in the Management System
* Monitor performance of all field crew members and advise the site supervisor of any performance related issues
* Know and follow the UPP Mentor Program and mentor personnel and/or assign a trained mentor to train field crew members at all levels
* Work with site supervisor to facilitate the career progression of crew members
* Promote a team environment while on location with all personnel
* Communicate with site supervisor about the job and any issues
* Delegate job responsibilities based on job description and skill level of employees
* Prepare for and conduct the pre-shift safety meeting using the pre-shift safety meeting format
* Know the metrics that are used to monitor the job/crew and use these metrics in engagement with crew members
* Work with the site supervisor to develop Rig-In & Rig-Out plans and assist with the execution of the plan and activities to meet objectives related to site set ups, equipment, schedules, customer requirements, etc
* Work with field engineers, sand coordinators and maintenance leads to facilitate the movement/management of chemicals, materials, supplies and spare parts on location
* Coordinate activities with Leads to ensure all necessary equipment repairs and PM s are completed
* Monitor fracturing consumables (i.e. valves, seats, storage in parts truck, etc ) and work with the site supervisor on any related issues
* Coordinate and manage FRAC-related PM activities including wheel valves, check valves, flanges, stay roads, grease trays, fluid ends, etc
* Operate fracturing stages as outlined in treatment schedules
* Communicate with Company Representative pertaining to the job
* Oversee the daily operations of fracturing crew and ensure all employees are properly trained and certified to perform their job functions
* Ensure that jobs are being assigned to properly trained/certified personnel
* Walk around inspections of fracturing sites to ensure proper organization and housekeeping, enforce safety policies and procedures and the professional appearance of UPP personnel and equipment
* Communicates with crew and all levels of management in a professional manner
* Lead by example Leadership by Influence
* Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into action plans and track results
* Build engaging relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with customers
* Work independently as well as part of a team, managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously to meet challenging deadlines
* Willingness and ability to work long hours in different weather conditions
* Must have the ability to remain calm under pressure
* Communicate with customers, UPP personnel, and contractors in a calm, professional manner
* Maintain professional appearance, including clean coveralls & hard hat, clean shaven, etc.
* Maintain Company and employee confidentiality at all times and handle sensitive employee information and protect Company proprietary information in an appropriate manner
* High School diploma or GED certificate
* 4+ years of hydraulic fracturing work experience
* 2+ years of supervisory experience with proven leadership skills
* Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills
* Basic working knowledge of Outlook and Excel
* Have and maintain a valid drivers license
* Qualify to drive a Company vehicle
* Associate Degree or related training/certification, leadership training, experience in other departments
This position requires the person to be able to work in a time sensitive role and regularly travel as needed to support business units and visit work sites. It may also require extended travel to remote locations and/or overnight stay(s) during variable hours. Variable work hours include hours worked on the weekend, on holidays, and hours to travel within and outside of the assigned region. The employee must work with an emphasis on planning, multitasking and prioritization to maximize the efficiency of their work. Must be able to work closely with others and manage all interaction in a professional manner. Ability to safely navigate work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc., during normal operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather) and while utilizing designated personal protective equipment (PPE).
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right-hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.