Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Segundo, California
Can you support our customer in this Account Representative opportunity*
This position will provide support to a dedicated customer account. You will develop and implements Integrated Supply sales strategies for increasing sales and profits through a specific customer. Focus will be on producing customer cost savings and moving non-franchised products to Vallen supported franchised lines while building and/or enhancing customer relationships. They pursue selling and expanding the organization s solutions, products, and services to achieve performance goals in areas of sales, gross margin, profitability, value propositions and/or other customer contractual agreements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Builds rapport and relationships with customers in a prompt, courteous, efficient, and professional manner.
* Designs and implements strategic sales plans to develop assigned accounts to meet and/or exceed contractual obligations for service or solution offerings.
* Calls on current customers; performs sales calls via phone or in-person to introduce additional solutions and service offerings.
* Collaborates with customer for both short and long-term cost savings opportunities; identifies, submits, and obtains customer cost savings approval.
* Identifies key deal-closing criteria and puts closure to profitable company opportunities.
* Assists with negotiating pricing, the preparation of quotations, proposals, credit terms, and sales/service contracts.
* Ensures account pricing and service levels are properly communicated.
* Collaborates and builds relationships with Vendor/Supplier community to support solutions selling opportunities related to those vendors.
* Collaborates with customer service and/or inside sales representatives and site management to keep account activities and literature current.
* May initiate and /or coordinates customer training.
* Assists with investigating and resolving customer problems with order deliveries or company services.
* May be required to prepare a variety of reports related to customer performance, business transactions or as requested; leads and reports on KPI activities and commitments.
* Expected to manage and keeps expense accounts current.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Benefits
* Bachelor s degree in a related field (e.g., Business, Supply Chain Mgt, Marketing, Finance, etc.) and/or 3+ years of outside or inside experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other relevant experience should include:
* C-level sales acumen.
* Excellent telephone etiquette, professional attitude and sales integrity.
* Demonstrated knowledge of product and solution-based sales life cycles and best-in-class processes.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, changing environment.
* Strong planning, organizational, time management, problem solving and customer service skills.
* Quality mindset with strong attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
* Demonstration of accounting or general business financial acumen.
* Demonstrated ability to set profitable sales goals and achieve them.
* Proficiency with MS-Office products (Excel, Word, Power Point) and the technical aptitude to learn additional programs and software applications.
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Working at Vallen
At Vallen, we are committed to the success of our customers and our co-workers and do what it takes to get the job done right. We work diligently to improve and drive results that create value. We re hands-on, responsive and team-oriented. We apply our insights, experience and relationships to find the best solution to every challenge. We hold ourselves to be personally accountable to do what we say we will do.