Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together!
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for providing Occupational Therapy services to patients according to accepted standards of practice. The Occupational Therapist treats individual birth and over in age. The Occupational Therapist maintains daily patient progress notes and working as a team with other professionals, coordinates discharge planning.
These duties are performed in a manner which demonstrates the philosophy/mission and values of Mercy Health.
1. Models supportive behaviors.
2. Supports collaboration, Performance Improvement processes, inter-disciplinary work teams, and partnership relationships with customers.
3. Demonstrates self-governance.
4. Responsible for own professional/personal growth and development.
5. Communicates effectively with all departments & employees of the organization and other customers.
6. Promotes stewardship of resources while maintaining or improvement quality of care.
7. Exhibits ownership for the success of the organization.
8. Effectively engages in two-way dialogue and problem solving.
9. Works independently to meet operational objectives.
10. Receives, investigates and appropriately reports and responds to problems/incidents that involve safety and compliance issues.
11. Holds self, employees and co-workers accountable for keeping patient safety the first priority in performing the essential duties of their jobs.
12. Performs initial evaluation and ongoing Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment planning.
13. Documents appropriately and in a timely manner.
14. Consults with referring physician/other team members as needed for continuation of care and discharge of patient.
15. Provide professional instruction and supervision to other team personnel responsible for assisting with treatment especially the Occupational Therapy Assistant.
16. Fabricate splints and adaptive devices in accordance with physician’s prescription and patient needs.
17. Schedules case load of assigned patients for daily treatment sessions.
18. Provides site education for Occupational Therapy Interns.
19. Attends meetings, seminars, and educational conferences pertinent to Occupational Therapy.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Work Shift:Days (United States of America)
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.