Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Leadperson - Shipping position in the Global Utility Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will assist with the supervision of the shift operations.
The Lead will execute procedures to maintain an effective, disciplined, and well trained workforce. The Lead must be knowledgeable of all machine operations, job functions and Manufacturing techniques to support the daily operation.
Additionally, you will…
* Function as a backup to the Supervisor in his/her absence
* Be responsible for inventory cycle counting and reconciling inventory discrepancies
* Establish and enforce quality expectations to meet or exceed the customers' expectations
* Promote, institute, and maintain a safe, clean, and hazard free work environment
* Control costs and expenses by working with employees and teams to identify and reduce consumables and eliminate waste
* Be responsible for the housekeeping and equipment during the shift
* Support Lean Manufacturing initiatives
What it takes
* One year experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
* One year experience operating a forklift in a manufacturing environment
* Must be able to obtain internal forklift certification
* Strong communication skills
* Strong analytical and decision making skills
* The ability to read and decipher blue prints and flat sheets without assistance
* The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
* Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
* At the end of 90 Calendar days the candidate must be able to maintain an acceptable level of production, quality and attendance as determined by Management
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
* High School Graduate or Equivalent
* Working knowledge of Valmont's manufacturing process
* Three years of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
* Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.