Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Richardson, Texas
ASSOCIATE IT ANALYST (CYBER SECURITY)
Parsons provides complex, solution-oriented services for the defense, intelligence, security, and smart cities markets. Our purpose is to Deliver a Better World. We do this with digitally-enabled defense, security and infrastructure solutions. These solutions respond to opportunities created by disruptive technology, expanding global population, urbanization, aging infrastructure and security challenges.
Does the idea of defending computers and the information they contain excite you? Are you passionate about new technology and cyber security? If you re a proactive IT professional that enjoys the hunt for indicators of compromise and analyzing software for possible infections, then this role may be the perfect for you.
We are looking for a Junior Security Analyst to be a part of our Security Operations Center. The SOC team protects, detects and responds to infrastructure and application threats and vulnerabilities. An ideal candidate for this position is a highly motivated individual, with a good security background who excels operating and deploying security technology.
* Detecting and assessing cyber security events and incidents across the enterprise
* Implementing new processes and procedures as identified by the SOC Leadership to ensure for continuous improvements to monitor, detect and mitigation capabilities.
* Understanding the global threat landscape through working with threat intel resources to maintain awareness
* Participates in the triage of events and incidents
* Escalates cyber security events according to Incident Response Plan
* Assists with containment of threats and remediation of environment during or after an incident
* Documents security processes, workflows, and playbooks
* Documents event analysis and drafts reports of incident investigations
* Assist with the completion of weekly and monthly metrics for cyber security
* Stay current on IT security trends and news.
* Follow change management process and security policies
* Review and understand security policies and guidelines to create security work instructions for various security policies
* Help manage security end point agents
* Help collect and analyze system logs
* Help with deployment of information security technologies and clients
* Help with reports data gathering and cleanup of data
* Help develop company-wide best practices for IT security
* Other duties as assigned
* A Bachelor's Degree in computer engineering, computer science, or another closely-related IT discipline.
* 1+ years professional technical experience in the information security field utilizing a mix of security technology such as: Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewalls & Log Analysis. SIEM, Network Behavior Analysis tools, Antivirus, and Network Packet Analyzers
* Comfortable searching through and filtering large amounts of log data to find actionable information. They are key assets during SOC investigation activities.
* Knowledge of the TCP and IP protocol suite, security architecture, DNS and remote access security techniques and products.
Having a Security+ certification is desired but not required
* Good interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications and briefing skills.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, EDR, and IDPS concepts.
* Understanding of, and able to reference NIST framework, CSC framework, CSF framework
EXPERIENCE WITH UNIX/LINUX AND WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEMS IN AN ACTIVE DIRECTORY ENVIRONMENT
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.