Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
# of Openings
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
We are a full-service A/E, consulting, and environmental firm with a 30+ year history of supporting federally funded disaster recovery program implementation for federal, state, and local clients.
Dewberry is seeking a Project Manager for our Disaster Recovery Services Unit in Fairfax, VA. The Project Manager will work directly with our management team and support FEMA Individiual Assistance, Hazard Mitigation, Housing Inspection and state/local contracts.
This position requires an extensive engineering and construction management background, including the ability to travel to disaster sites, manage and train field personnel, and provide onsite technical solutions. The Project Manager makes critical decisions within their areas of responsibilities and exercises authority as delegated by the Business Unit Manager. The position requires an extensive technical, programmatic and client coordination background.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university (emphasis in engineering or construction management)
* 5+ years of relevant professional and construction experience required
* Professional engineering license preferred
* Proven track record in executing and managing disaster recovery grant programs and/or providing related consulting services
* Knowledge of various federal agency disaster recovery (e.g. FEMA, HUD, and USACE) programs, and programmatic rules and regulations governing their implementation
* Preference will be given to candidate with prior FEMA response and recovery experience with preparing preliminary damage assessments, cost estimates, and housing inspection activities.
* Ability to serve as technical lead and liaison on federal, state and local projects
* Must have experience managing and training diverse teams
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Projects maybe located CONUS and OCONUS, travel is required for position
* Must be US citizen
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law