Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN)
Parkersburg, WV- South Parkersburg (2832 Pike St, Suite 1)
General Position Description:
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practitioners, front office and clinical staff. The successful LPN will have sound clinical acumen, strong communication skills and a dedication to customer service and patient care.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
* Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, and Friendly.
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
* Utilizes genuine and positive communication to make each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
* An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
* Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
* Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
* Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists the practitioner with examinations, procedures, and other duties. Responsible for screening and accurate detailed clinical intake of patients and updating medical records.
* Perform medical treatment as ordered by provider or established MedExpress standing orders.
* Prepare and assist licensed medical provider with dispensing prescribed medications (in States where applicable).
* At the direction of the medical provider must have the ability to prepare and administer all prescribed medications including, but not limited to, IV medications and fluid administration, IM, SQ, PO, and intradermal medication administration (per applicable State regulations and MedExpress guidelines).
* Complete detailed and comprehensive data collection upon clinical intake, including appropriate evaluation of chief complaint, medication Hx, PMH, allergies, social Hx, etc.
* Assists the provider with examinations, procedures and other duties.
* Oversee and coordinate the daily patient care flow, assisting and participating in all aspects of patient care for all patients within the center.
* Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
* Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals.
* Apply the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
* Ensure the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff.
* Complete patient referrals daily.
* Assist the provider with calling patients and informing them of normal lab and imaging results reviewed by the provider.
* Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and/or paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures.
* Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress.
* Maintains HIPAA compliance at all times.
* Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
Learning and Ongoing Education:
* Obtain and maintain certification to perform DOT UDS, BAT, hair testing, and other occupational health services as assigned, and support clinical staff as they also meet their obligation to maintain certification and provide services.
* Maintain clinical skills and competency for all procedures and participate in training and mentoring of other clinical staff members.
* Completes clinical competency evaluation/review as determined by leadership.
* Maintain technical skills and apply new knowledge to position according to MedExpress policy.
* Maintain knowledge of Medical Terminology and standards of nursing care.
* Maintain knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
* Read and keep up-to-date on all ME Communications.
* Complete all assigned training.
Center Readiness and Maintenance:
* Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection, and machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all discrepancies appropriately.
* Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms.
* Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
* Maintain and comply with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care Accreditation site assessment requirements.
* Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper storage of biohazards.
* Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to protocol.
* Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
* Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records.
* Work collaboratively with Area Clinical Leadership to complete administrative assignments, as time allows and knowledge base supports, such as chart audits, supply inventory, quality assurance assessment, etc.
* Clinical Operations Managers and Directors.
* Center Manager, center staffed based team-members including providers and non-providers.
* Administrative clinical partners.
* Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Licensed Practical Nursing. Current state LPN licensure and BLS/CPR certification required.
* At least two (2) years of clinical experience in direct patient care required with strong preference for experience in Urgent Care, Emergency Room or Critical Care setting.
* Required to maintain CEU/CNEs as applicable for licensure.
* Current IV Certification required (per State regulations).
* Experience with venous access devices for medication administration.
* Ability to perform venipuncture and lab specimen collections.
* Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations including the requirements of the HIPAA and OSHA and applicable state rules and regulations pertinent to medical practices.
* Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential patient issues and situations.
* Knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings.
* Perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable State Board of Nursing and other such regulating bodies.
* Able to meet the needs of the patient by processing requests and referrals, providing efficient follow up with the patient, pharmacy, or other entity, as needed.
* Strong commitment to Customer Service and Excellence in healthcare.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.