Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Cary, North Carolina
Hours Monday-Friday 12-5:15pm
Classrooms Floater to all classrooms (infants and toddlers)
Teachers are responsible for the care of and assistance to an assigned group of children as part of a teaching team. Works with and under the direction of the Head Teacher. This position may be assigned to one or more specific classrooms and may be reassigned at any time. Ensures that all local regulatory requirements and all accreditation standards of the American Montessori Society (AMS) or Association Montessori International (AMI) are followed.
* Ensures the safety and supervision of the children at all times, must be able to maintain visual and auditory supervision both indoors and outside.
* Responsible for the upkeep of an organized, nurturing environment for children that encourages their social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development.
* Follows a developmentally appropriate curriculum which reflects the Montessori approach to education, including age appropriate discipline.
* Maintains the overall classroom environment including restocking supplies, keeping an orderly environment, following sanitation guidelines and licensing requirements.
* Contributes curriculum and activity ideas.
* Assists in recordkeeping for each child, documents illness/injury, milestones and skills acquired, learning, behavioral, or developmental concerns.
* Supports parents by maintaining open communication.
* Completes required in-service training annually.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of local laws, child care regulations and AMS/AMI accreditation standards
* Knowledge of development, safety and regulatory issues surrounding the age group of children assigned
* Excellent communication skills in teaching children, documenting progress, and discussing child behavior
* Bachelor's degree in Education, Child Development, or related field. Prefer AMS or AMI certified.
* A minimum of four years of experience in a licensed child care center with Pre-school aged children (ages 3-5)
* Experience as a Montessori Teacher.
* Pediatric CPR and pediatric First Aid Certified
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn