Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter. JOB OVERVIEW
TE Connectivity's Materials Planning Teams are responsible for the plans, schedules, and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle. They determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, initiate purchase or production requisitions compliant with supply agreements, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis. The Team develops specifications for new contract orders as well as forecasts and plans for labor requirements. They provide timely and accurate input on supplier performance and may be asked to participate in higher level supplier performance reviews with the strategic sourcing team. They also monitor cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
WHAT YOUR BACKGROUND SHOULD LOOK LIKE:
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work closely with other members of the Operations team to identify & minimize risks to supply chain to ensure on-time delivery to customers and to resolve any issues that may arise
* Identify, measure and report Key metrics which drive customer needs such as OTIF(on time in full), Produced vs. Scheduled, and target inventory levels
* Utilize workstation rates and line balance information to balance capacity with customer needs
* Perform scheduling and planning functions and develop and utilize ERP systems to achieve execution of production plan to meet customer orders.
* Enter needed transactions into SAP
* Monitor work progress throughout the day to ensure production is on track to the daily schedule and communicate with Customer service any unforeseen issues of meeting the customer orders
* Build recovery and growth models to bring internal and external inventory to needed levels. Determine lead times for new orders or ones that need adjustment.
* Review materials and capacity requirements for S&OP supply process and highlight potential issues and provide resolutions for potential deviations to plan.
* Develop and drive inventory reduction strategies and activities to achieve inventory targets and minimize excess & obsolete.
* Identify & implement cost reduction strategies
* Liaise closely with relevant functions to ensure the planning and control process is supported by accurate BOMs, routings, yields etc.
* Provide support to other team members in fulfilling the agreed company objectives and strategy.
* Troubleshoot system and process issues
* Update related procedures and training documents
* Create Training material and provide training to existing planners
* 5+ years' experience in Production planning and or business management
* Strong working knowledge of SAP supply chain planning functionality is essential.
* Involvement on an ERP implementation team, preferably SAP.
* Ability to trouble shoot ERP system issues.
* Demonstrated achievement of driving inventory reduction initiatives and exposure to lean supply chain techniques.
* Strong Decision-making skills with the ability to find the needed data and use it to make a sound decision.
* Ability to give work direction to those outside your reporting structure.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages in particular Excel.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation