Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Dulles, Virginia
Software Engineer, Assoc Prin
Technica HQ - Dulles, VA US (Primary)
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead. This person will be working in a leadership role on a team operating in an agile environment where the focus is on teamwork and project ownership.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
* Lead a team of developers and data scientists working on a variety of research and development projects as well as customer projects
* Plan, conduct, and coordinate software development activities
* Apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle
* Offer expertise regarding methods, standards and technical considerations for software applications
* Analyze and implement algorithms
* Design, Develop and Deploy:
* Automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms
* Data-driven analytics; event-driven analytics
* Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
* Diagnose problems, troubleshoot, and develop technical solutions to a range of technical issues
* Design, develop, document, test, and debug software and mathematical solutions to mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment
* Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
* Coordinate software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met
* Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment
* Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
* Bachelors Degree (Masters is preferred)
* 10+ years of relevant information technology and systems administration experience.
* Using Linux as a development operating system
* Experience with Machine Learning toolkits such as Tensorflow/Tensorflow Lite, Keras, Theano is desired
* Experience with Docker and Singularity container platforms desired
* GPU programming experience using CUDA desired
* Data modeling, pattern recognition and classifiers, such as Bayesian belief networks (BBNs) and directed acyclic graphs
* Integrating multiple open source libraries and frameworks into working systems
0 - 10%
None, but must be clearable
At Technica Corporation, our goal is to provide exceptional professional services and innovative technology solutions that meet or exceed our customer s expectations. We specialize in a wide range of advanced information technology solutions from Systems Engineering to Information Assurance, and from Software Development to Product Solutions. From our locations across the DC Metro area, we provide technological subject matter expertise, program management and business process knowledge as a trusted advisor in support of our Department of Defense and other federal agency customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Technica's policy to affirmatively support Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all qualified individuals without regard to color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, race, disability, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy covers all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, hiring, compensation, assignment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, employment longevity, retirement, employee benefits and termination.
Technica's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.