Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
The Slabstock technician works in the Slabstock department. This includes, but is not limited to working as a material handler/forklift driver, inventorying chemicals, HAZMAT certified, Co2 setup, monitoring pumps/filters/motors, off-loading chemicals, product management, and more.
The technician may also monitor and adjust the slab foaming process, as needed. Performs all of these responsibilities while creating a safe work environment for him/her and all other technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties and responsibilities include the following, however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time.
- Follow all safety guidelines and participate as fully-empowered team member to achieve organization-wide goal of zero incidents.
- Lead by example, representing the company's mission, vision, and values, and promoting a positive environment.
- Maintains high quality, efficient operation of product and equipment.
- Assists with other tasks associated with foam production.
- Maintain and clean assigned work area.
- Participate in inventory.
- Learn pour line functions per processes and procedures and checklists.
- Inventory chemicals and communicate levels to supervisor.
- Inventory safety equipment.
- General housekeeping of tank farm, slab molding, and high bay storage.
- Earn HAZWOPER certification.
- Performs manual and automatic operations on the equipment and the HMI's.Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To perform this job successfully, an associate must be capable of performing each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an associate with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior HAZWOPER training preferable, ability to complete training within 3 months is required
- Ability to quickly learn total foaming process and to be pro-active in all aspects of Slabstock, tank farm, and high-bay storage
- Ability to read and understand pressure gauges and flow meters
- Ability to read and understand MSDS
- Have knowledge of valving/pipe configuration
- Ability to read drawings/schematics
- Intermediate knowledge of PC usage required to include using Microsoft Word, Excel and data entry operations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists.
- Ability to prepare routine reports, as required.
- Be able to work overtime on short notice.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- GED or High School Diploma preferred
- Two (2) or more years of experience in chemical handling or other relevant position
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in written, oral, diagram, and/or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor, lead, co-workers, and other personnel.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Intermediate math skills are needed, to include concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions.
- Must be able to measure using the metric system.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Intermediate and Advanced must have or must be able and willing to obtain a forklift certificate or license.
- HAZWOPER certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable associates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly.
- Ability to move full drums (up to 500 lbs.) with equipment assistance.
- Must be able to identify color.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to find, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; use hands and arms to push and pull; talk or hear.
- The associate is often required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch and crawl.
- Must be able to walk stairs and/or ladders.
- Must be medically qualified to wear a respirator /self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable associates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- According to OSHA standards, there is no area in the facility that requires noise hearing protection.
- Safety shoes, safety glasses, and gloves are required. Depending on the task at hand, a respirator (air purifying or self-contained breathing apparatus) wearing of additional Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. Tyvek coveralls/jackets, chemical suits) may be required or may be optional..