Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, California
As a Closures Systems Mechanical Engineer within Vehicle Engineering group, you will be part of the team that creates and executes revolutionary customer experiences around the exterior of our products. You will work alongside the most creative and resourceful Designers and Engineers in the World, through all stages of the product design cycle. From system architecture definition at the Industrial Design and clay modeling phase, to prototype creation and production release, you will own product design and definition from concept to launch.
Commodities of focus would include Fixed and Moving Glass, Wshld Wiper Systems, Wshld Washer Systems, Door Mirror Systems, Camera and Sensor Mounting and Roof Cargo Systems, plus the Robotic Manufacturing System for each. You will own the integration of these commodities into the vehicle architecture. You will develop these commodities as a full scope Designer/Engineer designing and delivering whole systems and their manufacturing process.
* Develop first-principles driven closures architecture to optimize appearance, function, quality, cost and mass
* Iterate with the Tesla Studio to deliver the optimal experience while balancing form, function and quality
* Lead cross functional integration with teams including Interiors, Aerodynamics, Lighting and Autopilot hardware
* Design complex 3D surface models for structural components and hardware
* Orchestrate and execute proof of concept validation tests
* Utilize DFA methodologies during design, validation and launch of the program
* Perform and correlate CAE simulations and reflect results into product
* Manage/ collaborate with suppliers (both internal and external) to support prototype/production build events
* B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Compelling evidence of exceptional ability (via face-to-face delivery of presentation materials)
* Optionally 2+ years experience working in Product Design/Engineering - automotive, hardware, or equivalent
* Demonstrate technical aptitude, creativity in design, and the ability to execute feasible solutions to complex engineering challenges
* Possess technical expertise of cutting edge manufacturing technologies
* Experience in design for six sigma (DFSS) during design, validation and/or launch of products
* Proficiency in 3D modeling utilizing CATIA V5/V6 or similar CAD software
* Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing principles of various commodities, including GD&T, assembly and dimensional engineering principles in design
* Experience with the development of specifications, DFMEAs, DVP&Rs and other technical documents
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.