Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, California
The Senior Paralegal, Employment will be responsible for supporting the Legal, Employment team, which handles all forms of Employment litigation and administrative matters as they arise, including wage and hour claims, discrimination and harassment claims, workplace safety, HR policies and processes, and internal investigations. The position will report directly to the Managing Paralegal, and will be located in Fremont, CA.
* Support internal and external counsel at all stages of litigation and administration.
* Assist with the factual development and analysis of cases, including talking with the relevant business people, gathering and reviewing documents, and creating timelines.
* Manager the discovery process, including the collection, retention, and production of documents, drafting written responses to discovery, and responding to third party subpoenas.
* Draft basic legal documents, including settlement agreements, document retention notices, and response letters.
* Prepare court documents for filing.
* Negotiate settlements.
* Maintain the litigation calendar and monitor case docket.
* 6+ years of relevant experience handling labor and employment matters.
* Bachelor s degree and/or paralegal certification preferred or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
* In-house and/or top-tier law firm experience preferred.
* Understanding of litigation motion practice, discovery, arbitration, trial and appellate procedure a plus.
* Strong organizational, analytical, fact-finding, and negotiation skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong work ethic with a goal-oriented focus as well as flexibility to take on new areas of responsibility.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.