Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Riverside, California
SENIOR FOOD SERVICE WORKER (MULTIPLE OPENINGS)
$35,078 - $43,597
The University of California, Riverside's Housing, Dining, and Hospitality Services is currently recruiting for multiple Senior Food Service Worker positions for our Residential restaurants. These Senior Food Service Workers are scheduled 9 months of the year, which means the employee will be scheduled off from mid-June to mid-September as leave without pay days. We anticipate these positions to be filled in the Fall. This posting may also be used to fill future Senior Food Service Workers positions, to include 9, 10, 11, and 12 month positions.
The Senior Food Service Worker performs a variety of semi-skilled duties that relate to food preparation, customer service, safety and sanitation, and general cleaning duties in one or more kitchen and/or a dining areas for UCR Dining Services. The Senior Food Service Worker may serve in a leadership capacity over a small group of student staff in a team environment.
Housing, Dining, and Hospitality Services supports the global campus community by nourishing and delighting our student guests, faculty and staff with outstanding cuisine, cutting-edge menus and delivering exceptional customer service. The selected candidate will work daily with a team of committed professionals focused on "above the line" accountability and results! We are looking for accomplished professionals interested in continuing our cultivation of the latest trends in collegiate retail and residential services, promoting and shaping sound sustainable business practices, and to help us prepare our department for imminent and planned growth with many new, innovative and remodeled facilities coming on-line over the next few years.
1. Ability to read, write, perform basic arithmetic calculations, follow oral and written instructions, six (6) months of recent experience in food preparation and general maintenance/cleaning in a kitchen and/or dining area within a high volume of food service operation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Recent experience within a customer service oriented environment of responding to and meeting/exceeding the needs of the customer.
3. Knowledge of general rules, regulations and procedures for sanitation and safety as it applies to food preparation, service, kitchens and storage areas. Must maintain compliance with California Health and Safety Codes.
4. Demonstrated skill in cutting, slicing, and measuring dry and liquid food ingredients in units of measurements such as cup, pint, ounce, quart and pound.
5. Proven ability to read, speak, write and understand English in order to determine and carry out job duties and communicate with supervisors, co-workers and customers. Skill in communicating effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately and as necessary to perform job duties.
6. Proven ability to accurately perform repetitive tasks according to set procedures and pace and a proven ability to give and follow explicit directions and carry out instructions.
7. Ability to count inventory, food and supplies. Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions and understand common food measurements.
8. Previous experience working with and operating standard and specialized kitchen equipment generally found in a large commercial kitchen to accomplish daily assignments.
9. Must adhere and meet the Injury Illness Prevention Program Guidelines: Work in a safe and responsible manner while not putting self or others at risk. Comply with applicable policies and procedures and regulations, using personal safety gear, observing warning signs, learning about potential hazards and reporting unsafe conditions. Must be able to exert well-paced mobility of up to four (4) hours in length and stand continuously throughout an eight (8) hour shift on uncarpeted surfaces. Must be able to move 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally following proper safety guidelines. Must be able to stand, walk, climb, stoop, push, pull, reach and crouch for extended periods of time, as required to complete job assignments. Ability to work in temperature extremes, continuous noise and physical risks found in food service environments.
10. Hired candidate must (1) successfully complete online Food Handlers Certificate Training within the first thirty (30) days of appointment start date.
11. Must successfully complete a pre-employment, post-offer physical and background check through the DOJ and FBI prior to appointment start date.
12. Must wear University issued uniform and ID badge.
13. Positions within Starbucks require successful completion of training and certification as a Barista within ninety (90) days of appointment start date.
1. Experience interacting and leading in a team based environment to achieve completion of daily duties.
2. Experience and knowledge of proper procedures in heating and retherming food items.
3. UC Dining experience, knowledge of systems, policies, procedures and regulations.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position