Posted in Other 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Segundo, California
Posting Title Sr Product Designer (Hot Wheels Innovation/Advanced Play) Requisition Number 191462 Location El Segundo, California Zip Code 90245 Job Category Product Design
Do you want to help invent the future of Hot Wheels play* Do you enjoy working in a small, devoted cross-functional team* Come join us! We are hiring a Sr. Product Designer within our Hot Wheels Innovation/Advanced Play team at Mattel in El Segundo, CA. The ideal candidate will possess proven product design experience showing ability to work on challenging car products as well as ideating new concepts.
Play your part in our team succeeding:
Working in Hot Wheels Advanced Play, you will be helping to invent the future of Hot Wheels play. You will work in a small, devoted cross-functional team with a nimble, start-up feel with colleagues specializing in UX, concept & model design, transportation and toy design, marketing, research and project management. As such, you will work on a variety of projects ranging from blue-sky initiatives, to future game-changing Hot Wheels play experiences.
We practice design thinking in our development process, evolving concepts through iteration and design sprints. There s a heavy focus on sketching, and prototyping where you are responsible for creating, refining, and presenting to the immediate as well as broader team.
* Conceptualize and develop new Hot Wheels toys, apps, and play experiences from early idea to testable prototype.
* Design play journeys for physical/digital concepts, taking play behavior and infusing kid relevance.
* Iterative concept development via rapid ideation and prototyping emphasis on early mock ups and bread-boards when relevant for learning.
* User testing of initial prototypes with consumers (kids); integrating research and feedback into design iterations and finding the fun.
* Internal demos and presentations of the product or play experience.
* Champion and communicate the design experience within the team and to external creative development partners.
* Protect the play promise and the design vision throughout the development cycle, always keeping the user s best interest in mind.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
* 3+ years experience in developing connected toys and/or video games.
* A strong practical understanding of design, development, costing and manufacturing
* Proven ability to build tangible digital/physical prototypes to be tested with kids.
* Ability to capture, communicate, and demonstrate play concept via live/recorded demos and document results.
* Understanding of the toy industry, including retail, category landscape and brands
* Some international travel required for development and manufacturing milestones.
**Candidates MUST include a link or upload portfolio of relevant design experience to be considered for this position.**
* Hands-on toy design experience with 5+ years creating successful product lines
* Experience with Auto/Cars and/or passion for Automotive industries and subject matter.
* User Testing Experience (Youth/kids Demographic)
* BS/BA degree in Industrial Design, Toy Design, Automotive Design, Transportation Design or equivalent degree
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie , Hot Wheels , American Girl , Fisher-Price , Thomas & Friends and MEGA , as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)