Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: LONG BEACH, California
What You'll Do
We want a high energy, sociable, and curious individual to fulfill the role of Product Launch & Process Improvement Manager. This is a highly visible position within the Marketing and Sales organization that will plan, coordinate, and execute across key functional areas. There are 2 core functions in this one position--launching new products and process improvement leadership.
Product Launch Project Management (50% of time)
This role is critical to the launch of Epson's new products! You will actively collaborate with 15 different functional areas to ensure product, channel, and service readiness through the lifespan of a launch. You need to be a skilled facilitator, highly organized, and great with details. You also need to build strong relationships everywhere and at all levels of an organization.
Process Improvement Leadership (50% of time)
Epson is embarking on an exciting, transformative journey to grow new internal capabilities and succeed in new markets. You will be on the leading edge of this transformation, coaching leaders and employees across the organization on process improvement tools and principles. In addition, you will also be called on to lead high priority, high challenge projects with tons of impact and visibility. You need a natural curiosity to learn all aspects of the company, a process-oriented mindset, and great coaching skills.
* You will expertly manage up to 20 launch projects at the same time. We need someone highly skilled but that also doesn't mind doing the tactical details. Responsibilities include:
* Lead regular status meetings with the launch team
* Promote collaborative decision-making, provide direction, and establish a sense of urgency in the team
* Publish schedules, meeting notes, and status updates
* Follow up to ensure the launches stay on track
* Maintain clear and organized records
* Manage risks
* Utilize project management best practices, tools, and processes
You will leverage process improvement and innovation methods and tools (eg. Lean management, Six Sigma, Design Thinking, etc.) and organizational change management to lead teams to higher performance levels. Note that Epson America is a sales subsidiary, so all of the processes you work on will be business processes, not manufacturing or distribution processes. Examples of processes you may be tasked to improve are: forecasting, channel management, procurement, and marketing development. Responsibilities include:
* Train and coach leaders and employees on using process improvement tools such as: Value Stream Map, Fishbone Diagram, and Process Map.
* Lead process improvement teams and facilitate Kaizen sessions.
3+ years in project or program management with demonstrated success managing many projects simultaneously
3+ years experience driving and facilitating Lean/ Six Sigma process improvements cross-functionally
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Master's degree preferred
* Lean, Six Sigma, and Project Management certifications a plus
Communication/ Relationship Skills:
* You are able to inspire and energize others to get things done and see a better way to do things
* You make friends at all levels of an organization and you have empathy. You are well-versed in documenting processes and procedures
* You provide open, honest feedback to others
* You take pride in having a high degree of quality and accuracy in your work.
* You always look for ways to mistake-proof your own work as well as departmental work
* Your co-workers love you for your follow-through
Strategic Mindset & Strategic Leadership:
* You have the ability to cut through non-value-added information and opinions and to ask the right questions to understand the problem
* You are eager to learn about new and unfamiliar areas
* You lead change and set the example for others to follow
* You think differently and you seek multiple perspectives
* You seek to listen and understand before responding
* You're critical of the status quo
* You're adept at Root Cause Analysis and development of countermeasures and action plan
* You're able to analyze complex information and data, draw conclusions, and make sound decisions and recommendations with minimal supervision and guidance
* You can simplify complex issues
* You accomplish a lot of work
* You tackle things with a hands-on approach
* You identify and act on opportunities to improve processes
* You know how to cut through organizational inertia
Epson America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.