Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: El Segundo, California
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that's important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a growing organization, home of 27 Local News Channels nationwide and 9 Local/Regional Sports Channels, inclusive of 3 Los Angeles based Sports Networks. Spectrum Networks is the news and sports division of Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR), the leading broadband communications company and the second-largest cable operator in the United States.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour news network that requires employees be flexible and available to work various shifts throughout the day, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means You re ready to inspire and be inspired! You re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we re looking for: The Transmission Operations Engineer will be responsible for the technical operation of Spectrum Networks transmission systems, event backhauls and coordination as well as perform feed records. Individuals in this role will setup and operate the transmission facility in accordance with Spectrum Networks technical standards as well as the technical limits as defined by EIA RS-170A/ SMPTE 274M/SMPTE 292M guidelines and FCC RF guidelines.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Evaluation and resolution of technical issues as they occur
* Evaluation of Standard Definition and High Definition transmission signals using in-house test equipment
* Be able to execute and coordinate, outbound and inbound fiber and satellite transmission feeds. Standard Definition, High Definition, MPEG2 and MPEG4
* High volume environment must be able to work under pressure, coordinating multiple feeds simultaneously
* Evaluate RF/fiber signals using spectrum analyzers, file analyzers, waveform monitors and vectorscopes
* Perform routing on Evertz High Definition routing systems
* Setup all communications both intercom and IFBs for all remotes
* Communicate with remote SNG vehicles, satellite NOC/TOCs and third party clients
* Communication with in-house staff on feed status
* Maintain all required logs and fill out all required feed information in Spectrum systems
* Operate and maintain the Transmission facilities
* Operate DALET Media Management systems
* Operate Adtec/Cisco/Tandberg transmission equipment
* Operate The SWITCH routing terminal for bi-directional transmission
* Operate the Transmission Console. Perform all required recordings to video server systems or video tape machines, perform all required audio and video routing, adjust standards converters, adjust up down and cross-converters, and setup all Evertz frame syncs
* Additional projects assigned by management/leadership team on needed basis
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
* Satellite uplink and/or downlink, teleport experience
* Fiber and IP based transmission experience
* Ability to work under pressure receiving a high volume of feeds
* Proficient with computers and MS office software
* Willing to work weekends, holidays, and shift work
* Prompt, regular and consistent attendance
Education & Experience:
* College diploma or university degree in the field of Electronics, Television, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* FCC General Class License desirable
* SBE certification desirable
* 3-5 years of experience in broadcast facility operations
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
* Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
* Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
* Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
* Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.