Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
# of Openings
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking a senior environmental professional to join our Richmond, VA office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join our team of outstanding professionals. The successful candidate will have technical, project management, and marketing responsibilities in order to lead environmental projects related to the distribution, transmission and generation sectors of the power industry. Personnel with a background in planning/permitting for the power industry are highly encouraged to apply.
Individual will be responsible for managing multiple environmental projects, assist with business development/marketing/proposal efforts as well as coordinate with other environmental/engineering resources. Candidate will assist project manager(s) with incorporating favorable environmental solutions during the design of the project(s) and coordinate obtaining the necessary permits. Will work closely with clients and regulatory agency staff, including attendance at public and/or construction meetings and also represent the company at other events as needed.
* Coordinate visits with clients and regulatory agencies in the field.
* Document and summarize results of field investigations and analyses.
* Provide client and regulatory agency coordination including remedial activities.
* Support proposal preparation, contract execution, and budget/schedule adherence.
* Develop project execution strategies.
* Primary focus is to execute project activities with client and project team and coordinate with regulatory agencies.
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
* BS degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Planning or related field.
* 5-10 years' experience of increasing levels of project and client responsibilities required.
* Project management and marketing experience.
* Possess strong communication skills.
* Comfortable working on multiple project assignments concurrently.
* Capability to work and interact with clients, maintain project budgets and schedules.
* Ability to provide technical expertise to design staff is essential.
* Desire to work in a team environment.
* Proficiency in Autocad and/or Microstation is a plus.
* Knowledge of Chesapeake Bay Regulation submittals.
* Environmental mitigation design experience.
* Understanding of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
* Department of Conservation & Recreation (DCR) E&S Certification a plus.
* 40 hour Hazwoper Certification a plus.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.