Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Owings Mills, Maryland
Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: This position reports to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis and is responsible for supporting the development of the company s annual expense budget and forecasts and overall financial plans and forecasts (Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow). This position will also perform routine and ad hoc financial analyses to help inform forecasts and plans. To provide reliable internal customer service, the Senior Financial Analyst must be able to quickly understand stakeholder needs, formulate reports/solutions with strong attention to detail, and present findings effectively. In addition, the position will support the development of key materials for the CareFirst Board of Directors and the Board s Finance Committee, as well as special analyses to support CareFirst s position on rate filings, regulator inquiries and other critical matters. In addition, this position will have a lead role in completing due-diligence activities for Corporate Development assignments from the CEO, CFO, and HealthWorks team, as well as assisting in overseeing various other strategic projects and ad-hoc scenario modeling as requested.
* Plans and produces various financial reports. Analyzes trends, calculates and verifies data. Interfaces with other areas to develop reporting specifications, methods and procedures, and prioritizes requests.
* Develops, coordinates, analyzes and verifies data and financial reports to produce the financial Plan for all areas of the Company. Creates and manages a database for Plan reporting. Develops specifications needed to generate statistics, develops methods and procedures for calculating data and presenting results.
* Responds to manager, director, and executive inquiries, handles special requests, researches complex accounting issues. Communicate with corporate management on accounting/financial processes and regulatory requirements. Prepare financial data for presentation to upper management
* Coordinates, reviews and analyzes major financial report submissions to ensure corporate compliance with applicable regulations, laws or guidelines. Gathers, compiles and interprets information collected through financial analyses in order to identify trends and provide insight for decision making.
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent technical training and 5+ years of accounting/financial experience.
Good understanding of GAAP, STAT, and federal regulations.
* This position requires strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), strong PC and financial systems, strong problem-solving skills, ability to work independently and as a team member.
* Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time.
* Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence.
Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
* Intermediate/advanced Excel skills. Strong MS PowerPoint skills.
* Understanding of and ability to interpret standard financial statements, particularly Income Statements and Expense Budgets.
* CPA or MBA strongly preferred.
* Healthcare insurance industry experience strongly preferred.
* Strong knowledge of CareFirst organization, data sources, and key metrics.
Department: Portfolio & Cash Management
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers (http://www.carefirst.com)
Please apply by: 8/16/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The incumbent is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle small controls and objects. The incumbent must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship