Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: La Porte, Texas
JOB SUMMARY: Visually inspects and performs ultrasonic examination test on cylinder or otherwise requalifies other cylinders ( DOT rated cylinders in accordance with CGA and/or DOT guidelines).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Examines returned cylinders for surface defects such as dents, cracks and burns and roll cylinders to designated work area. Tests ultrasonically the wall thickness of cylinders. Measures cylinder wall surface defects.
* Operates, calibrates and performs simple maintenance on computerized ultrasonic examination testing equipment or using hand instruments depending on type of cylinder being processed.
* Removes valves from cylinders using wrench or valve-removal equipment after ensuring it is safe to de-pressurize the cylinder. Maintains a system to ensure the valve is replaced on the cylinder it came from as well as screens/filters as appropriate.
* Determine if cylinder is acceptable for UE and prepares cylinders for ultrasonic examination by shot blasting and cleaning as necessary.
* Compares thickness reading with specifications and segregates cylinders that have unacceptable defects or wall thickness measurements below minimum requirements.
* Stamps test date and company symbol on cylinder. Marks cylinder in the manner described in 49 CFR Section 173.34(e)(6).
* Demonstrates knowledge of DOT special exemptions CFR 49 Section 173.34 and CGA pamphlets specified in CFR 49 Section 173.34 and performs all duties in keeping with the companys safety policies and procedures.
* Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports and record data in readable fashion. Ability to effectively present information and to respond to questions.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must possess Tech II Level certificate for Ultrasonic Testing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The associate is frequently required to talk, hear, taste and smell. The associate is occasionally required to walk, stoop, crouch and kneel. The associate must regularly lift and/or move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hold steel stamps and strike them with a hammer with force necessary to permanently mark cylinders in the prescribed DOT format.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
My signature below acknowledges that I have read the above job description and that I can perform the essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, and additional responsibilities of this job safely and properly. I also understand that this job description does not attempt to list every job task or requirement and that Airgas-Southwest, Inc. may change, alter, and/or delete the job functions required of this job at any time with or without reasonable notice. I further acknowledge that the job description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and the employment relationship remains at will.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race", color", religion", national origin", sex", protected veteran status or disability