Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: flowood, Mississippi
Join our Agency team! First American Title's Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions, First American has been entrusted to protect homeownership since 1889. Don t miss this opportunity to join the Agency team and build your career at First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF). We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
THERE IS NO GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION REQUIREMENT FOR THIS POSITION. THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION.
Provides underwriting support and expertise to our Agency and Direct divisions, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of commercial title insurance commitments and policies. Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance and provide guidance in the performance of real estate settlement services on a national level.
* Participates with Home Office Senior Management in underwriter initiatives around product development, processes, underwriting policy and strategy
* Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines to underwrite the issuance of commercial title insurance policy coverages for single and multi-site national transactions
* Participates in underwriting meetings to communicate information related to underwriting and real estate settlement services
* Develops and maintains effective business relationships with Agency and Direct Division personnel, and assigned agents, in order to attract, develop and retain profitable business for the company
* Provides underwriting support and upper level underwriting approval, counsel, and authorization to Agency and Direct Division personnel and agents, related to the issuance of national commercial title insurance commitments and policies
* Participates and collaborates with regional and local underwriting staff
* Participates and presents various topics in underwriting meetings, seminars, webinars, and calls
* Serve on industry associations when called upon to do so
* Law Degree preferred, not required
* Licensed to practice law
* Typically 10+ years title underwriting experience in combination with significant commercial real estate or other relative legal practice experience
* High level of title insurance and real estate knowledge is needed along with knowledge of the basic technology tools utilized in the corporate underwriting department
* Strong working knowledge of State by State title insurance guidelines and real estate practices, including policy and endorsement availability, and law and regulations related to national commercial real estate transactions
* Solid understanding of endorsement and policy coverages along with experience of negotiating the coverages
* Demonstrated advanced practical experience with concepts, practices and procedures of real estate title and settlement process
* Excellent leadership skills, leading by example, driving employee commitment through actions
* High level of business acumen, strategic ability, ability to develop others and influence change
* Exercises high degree of confidence, sound judgment and decision making
* Ability to think outside the box and make unique yet sound decisions to resolve complex issues
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work under pressure
* Ability to build relationships and creative positive rapport
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..