Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Medical City Fort Worth
Registered Nurse (RN) BSN
Work Schedule: PRN
ABOUT MEDICAL CITY OF FORT WORTH
Medical City of Ft. Worth is a 320 bed MAGNET facility located in the heart of Fort Worth. Medical City Healthcare serves as a tertiary referral center not only for Tarrant County, but also numerous counties within a 90 mile radius.
* Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
* Accredited AMI Program
* Accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center
* Cardiovascular Center of Excellence
* Magnet Re-designation December 2015
Perform direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice
Act, with emphasis on Day Surgery
· Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
· Maintain a safe and therapeutic day Surgery environment
· Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on
the needs of individual Day Surgery patients
· Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
· Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make
informed choices regarding health care
· Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver
· Participate in surgical services specific initiatives and process
· Promote a supportive Day Surgery environment
· Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants,
vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses and/or nurse
· Maintain high quality (age specific) care for adolescent, adult and
geriatric patients, as assigned
· Support the mission, vision and values of the organization
· Provides immediate pre-surgical care of patients ranging from infant to
geriatrics (excluding critically ill infants and children) who have had
general anesthesia, epidural/spinal anesthesia and IV sedation
· Monitors all patients for airway and pain management
· Proficient in interpretation of EKG changes, lab values and
· Provides anesthesia care to patients receiving high-risk intravenous
therapies and blood components
· BSN required
· Two years of RN experience in Day Surgery is required
· Minimum two years critical care preferred -- pediatric and adult
· Current RN license in State of Texas or compact license
· Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
· ACLS, PALS within 12 months
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.