Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The primary responsibilities associated with the role of Manager of Manufacturing Operations are listed as follows.
• Workforce management and development for direct reports within the Manufacturing Operations function (both salaried and hourly personnel)
• System owner responsibilities for the Inspection, Labeling and Packaging (ILP) Production system
Departmental Management Responsibilities/Competencies:
Key Job Responsibilities
• Annual departmental goal setting
• Performance Management: routine 1-1’s, mid-year assessment, and year-end evaluation
• Personnel Development: individual development plans centered on behavioral and leadership competencies
• Establishing & maintaining employee/team engagement
• Personal Development: development against core leadership competencies through your individual development plan
• Establishing and maintaining a safe work environment through the application of our behavior-based safety and 5S+ programs
• Workforce scheduling and planning relative to product flow, facility utilization and project/quality system work
• Review and management of monthly departmental spend within budget
Key Skills / Competencies
• Driving workforce engagement
• Building effective teams
• Coaching/teaching/mentoring – modeling the desire behaviors/competencies within function and teams
• Managing conflict/conflict resolution
• Building trust and rapport with the workforce
• Promoting a healthy work environment (i.e. safe, empowered, learning oriented, focused on continuous improvement)
• Ensuring accountability
• Effective communication
System Owner Responsibilities/Competencies:
Key Job responsibilities
• Owner for ILP Production System:
o Oversight of cross-functional/integrated process team including management of workload through visual management practices
o Accountability for system performance to KPI targets for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Economics and People
o Ensuring inspection readiness for the system/facility at all times
o Managing relationships with system customers and suppliers
o Routine on the floor presence with staff and team members (Gemba walks)
o Review & approval of quality system documentation
o Management of key risks and prioritization & oversight of continuous improvement efforts
Key Skills / Competencies
• Leading cross-functional teams
• Effective meeting facilitation
• Demonstrated knowledge on lean manufacturing methodologies (5S, Kanban, A3 Reporting, Kaizen, Kata, Root Cause Analysis, etc.)
• Experience with regulatory agencies (i.e. routine internal and external inspections – tours, facility/system readiness, knowledgeable on applicable agency guidance, etc.)
• Quality System experience (i.e. Deviations – root cause investigations, CAPA, Change Control, Training)
• Experience working with automated systems/equipment (i.e. PLCs, Delta V, PI monitoring, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.