Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
The Behavioral Health Program Director provides the leadership to effectively grow the Behavioral Health Services by ensuring clinical excellence, operating efficiency and financial strength. This includes leadership in developing a strong Behavioral Health team and partnership with Medical Director and medical staff to ensure the clinical excellence and operational performance of the Behavioral Health Services. The Behavioral Health Program Director is also responsible for designing, developing and implementing a strategic plan to ensure the success of the Behavioral Health Services' clinical, financial and overall operating performance and successful growth. The Behavioral Health Program Director directs, administers and coordinates the overall operations of the services, including the goals and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer of the Hospital or their designee.
* Responsible for selection, assessment, evaluation, development, coaching, counseling of Behavioral Health employees to ensure quality patient care in accordance with HCA's mission, vision and values;
* Provide day-to-day leadership within the organization, including advice, guidance, direction and authorization to achieve the clinical and financial goals and objectives of the organization;
* Design, develop and implement a strategic plan that focuses on clinical excellence, financial performance and market and business development in collaboration with the Behavioral Health Medical Director and manage and direct the Behavioral Health Services toward the goals of the plan; includes effective measures that raise community awareness of services offered by the program.
* Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operations of the Services, including, but not limited to, measures and effectiveness of achieving operational performance as defined in the strategic plan.
* Create and maintain proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and systems to meet and exceed the clinical and financial goals of the organization included in the strategic plan;
* Oversee the adequacy and soundness of the services' financial performance, including reviews of operating results, comparing them to established objectives and take steps to ensure appropriate planning is taken to address variances;
* Motivate, lead, and mentor a high performance team; attract and recruit and retain required staff with strong emphasis on employee engagement;
* Cultivate positive relationships with and maintain an environment of collaboration/integration at all levels of the organization, including the Medical Staff and the Hospital executive team; participate in facility wide activities related to Behavioral Health;
* Positively and professionally represent the Behavioral Health Services with internal and external customers, other shareholders, and the public to include effective measures that raise community awareness of services offered by the program;
* Ensure that all activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulation, Joint Commission standards, the Hospital Compliance Plan and all laws governing healthcare operations;
* Support the Hospital's Continuous Quality Improvement Plan and measures effectiveness on that plan to demonstrate clinical excellence; coordinate Behavioral Health Service Division quality initiatives with facility;
* Ensure the implementation of Hospital policies and patients' rights and responsibilities;
* Responsible for establishing and implementing a safe working environment that meets all licensure, regulatory, and accreditation requirements;
* Master's Degree in Behavioral Health related field/healthcare administration required (consideration may be given to Bachelor's Degree in related field with equivalent experience);
* A minimum of 5 years of inpatient experience in Behavioral Health setting required of which at least 3 years must be in a leadership role and;
* A minimum of 3 years of healthcare management experience required of which at least 2 yrs must be direct management role over multi-skill level healthcare workers (these may overlap)
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, & TRAINING
* Current clinical licensure in the related field preferred
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.