Thermal Technical Support Engineer Level 2
at Vertiv Corporation
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Ohio
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support for Domestic and International customers and Customer Engineers
- Manage case and solution per established call center process flow
- Lead or participate in Six Sigma projects and lean projects
- Capture down unit events from Uptime and create in Knowledge base.
- Create and maintain service procedures
- Provide on-site Technical Assistance as required
- Attend new product and self-development training classes
- Model and enforce Vertiv safety guidelines at all times
- Review Warranty service tickets per established policy guidelines including complex tickets
- Review and approve product service procedures for Technical Knowledge Online
- Lead Serviceability Verification Testing and compliance for new products.
- Evaluate and qualify new tools and test equipment
- Review/approve ECNs and identify potential service impact.
- Author and review Root Cause Analysis Reports at equipment and system level
- Participate in development of Scope of Work for new services
- Develop and present technical webinars
- Special Projects as assigned
- Provide support to Logistics for parts research, spare kits, parts sourcing, and last time buy.
- Create Service Safety Bulletin, Field Alert, and Field Change Notice
- Audit Customer Engineers training classes and suggest improvement
- Create Field Change Notice for proactive field enhancement
- Lead customer meetings and teleconferences as directed
- Collaborate with engineering in forensic analysis and first article testing
- Lead investigation of mechanical and control issues with a focus on highly configurable products.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues between Vertiv Thermal Products and Vertiv Monitoring Products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum of four year Mechanical or HVAC Engineering degree. Alternatively, military technical training or electronic certification with five years of relevant technical experience.
- Minimum of four years field service and/or technical support experience with demonstrated expertise in HVAC mechanical and control schemes.
- Knowledge and experience in HVAC product design and forensic analysis preferred
- Experience with HVAC system ancillary controls like BMS, MODBUS, CAN communications, and PLC is required
- Strong customer service communication and interaction skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Possess a positive attitude and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- Detail oriented and self motivated with the ability to work without direct supervision
- Proficient PC skills including all Microsoft Office products and web-based technologies
- Demonstrate ability in electrical circuit understanding and troubleshooting
- Possesses leadership skills
- Knowledgeable in Quality Systems process, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, 8D, FMEA, etc.
- Reactive, fast paced and high profile environment.
- After-hours on-call availability through a rotational schedule.
- Flexible schedule (Weekends, evenings, holidays)
- Travel up to 10% of the time may be required