Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
The Team Trainer is responsible for developing personnel to perform their position according to sound operating principles and PAC policies and procedures to meet established performance goals. The trainer role will execute Production, Safety, and Quality training, as needed. Work with other departments on training as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide classroom instruction to new employees and current employees utilizing both written and video-based materials.
* Deliver Safety, Quality and Production training classes to new hires and current employees.
* Provide on-the-job specific machine training instruction for employees on the production floor in order to shorten the training cycles at the plant level.
* Provide refresher training of employees, as needed, to increase employee skill and knowledge of equipment.
* Assess trainee s ability to acquire job knowledge and apply it. Communicate trainee performance, ability, behavior or lack thereof to Supervision to determine employee performance and/ or job fit.
* Maintain records/training checklists of training activities.
* Gather information and work collaboratively with management on solutions involving training issues.
* Encourage positive attitudes and behaviors towards training and work duties.
* Pair employees with a mentor/coach to ensure effective assimilation of the job.
* Evaluate mentors/coaches to ensure training effectiveness and correct any issues that arise.
* Monitor the training process to determine if the trainee is receiving the best possible training based on his/her skillset. Modify the training process, as needed, to fit the trainee s skillset and learning style.
* Conduct surveys with those involved in the training process to determine effectiveness of training methods.
* Coach machine operators on all machines with setups and troubleshooting including set up of most difficult jobs.
* Practice and encourage safe behaviors and ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
* Willingness to work overtime on short notice.
* Resolve technical problems independently.
* Assist in developing training programs or methods of training, prepare updates to current programs, and revise instructional material documents based on current requirements and training on safety, job duties, etc.
* Perform the functions and the responsibilities of a Lead Operator, Lead Trainer, Machine Operator, and perform other duties as required by management.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* 2+ years of experience delivering training in a manufacturing environment. Experience with Training Within Industry (TWI) a plus.
* 2+ years of knowledge of all packaging equipment and procedures, including any auxiliary equipment.
* Ability to learn, operate or have a working knowledge of production equipment in PAC facilities, including auxiliary, Thermoforming equipment. Experience/knowledge of the Extruder and NGR preferred but not required.
* Working knowledge of PAC safety policies and procedures, and common industrial safety practices.
* Must be flexible to do shift work, split shifts, night or day shift/ hours, to cover absences, and conduct training or develop/ improve personal skills, knowledge and abilities.
* Ability to balance various responsibilities and manage time is critical to successful training. Maintains a controlled training environment focused on training topics, completing training within the allotted time frame.
The facility will be 24/7 with rotating 12 hour shifts. Below is an example of the schedule.
2 WEEK SCHEDULE EXAMPLE:
Mon - Work, Tuesday - Off, Wednesday - Off - Thursday - Work, Friday - Work, Saturday - Off, Sunday - Off
Mon - Off, Tuesday - Work, Wednesday - Work, Thursday - Off, Friday - Off, Saturday - Work, Sunday - Work
***The 12-hour Night Shift hours will be 7pm-7am.
Working at PAC: PAC Worldwide manufactures packaging materials and supplies packaging automation equipment for some of the world s top retailers. For over 40 years, we have maintained a commitment to producing high-quality products while remaining dedicated to corporate responsibility and employee wellness. PAC promotes open communication and comprehensive employee wellness through our PACLife initiative. PACLife s CARE, CONNECT, CREATE initiative is targeted at our most important asset, our employees. Through PACLife we seek to enhance the life, relationships and future of every PAC employee. PACLife is about connecting with our employees on a level that goes beyond simple work output so, together, we can create a company where we are all proud to belong.
Competitive hourly wage
Set standard schedule
Bonus opportunities for obtaining production/safety/quality goals, maintaining perfect attendance, anniversary appreciation, and more
Medical, dental, and vision with employer contributions to premiums and healthcare spending or reimbursement
Employer-paid disability and life insurance, with additional voluntary options
401K plan eligibility on day 1 of employment, with a generous match after 6 months
Three weeks of paid time off within the first year
Paid holidays as of day 1
Perks and discounts for local and national retailers and organizations
Continuous training and professional development opportunities
Consistent opportunities for overtime
PAC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.