Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hanover, Maryland
52009 Job Category:
Professional Position Type:
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose together, we deliver.
The Baltimore, MD office offers a wide range of challenging project work and a great opportunity to develop professionally. We are seeking a Geologist / Environmental Scientist / Environmental Engineer to join our environmental team. This person will execute environmental projects under the supervision of a Senior Project Manager with key regional clients.
Successful candidates must have experience in the environmental consulting business and relevant environmental engineering, geology, or hydrogeology experience as described below.
* Perform assignments associated with environmental assessments, audits, permitting, subsurface investigations, remediation, and monitoring projects;
* Develop and prepare work plans, project deliverables, geologic cross sections, and reports;
* Work collaboratively with field and office staff and develop technical capabilities;
* Coordinate technical aspects of small to moderate size projects with on-going review and interaction by Project Managers, senior operations and technical staff.
* Assist area business development activities and maintain effective client relations;
* Understands financial management concepts and effectively prepare scopes and fees for new or additional work; and
* Have a track record of high level of competency in environmental consulting.
A minimum of 4 - 8 years of experience in the environmental consulting business with demonstrated experience in investigation, remediation and monitoring, environmental permitting and general environmental compliance including audits and stormwater.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor s and/or Master s degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or a related field of study
* Professional licensure (PE, PG, or CHMM) is a plus, future eligibility to achieve licensure required
* Experience and demonstrated success working with large, private sector clients including utilities in the Mid-Atlantic
* Experience interacting with clients, functioning on cross-disciplinary teams, supervising field staff, and managing subcontractors;
* Experience in client relationship development and preparation of proposals and cost estimates
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective client presentations and deliver high quality written work products
* Ability to present technical information, both written and orally, in a concise and professional manner; must have strong technical writing skills
* Strong ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
* Working knowledge of and proficiency with MDE, DNREC, DOEE, and VADEQ regulations, regulatory organization, and environmental permitting requirements
* Proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.