Posted in Other 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE FOR FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME INCLUDING: VACATION, 401K, AND MEDICAL INSURANCE.
The Environmental Services Supervisor is responsible for coordinating departmental activities through personnel resources. The position supervises work productivity of staff to ensure clean, orderly hospital image in public / work units / patient areas ensuring department's quality standards are obtained. Assists the Department Manager in overall operation of staffing needs, problem solving concerns, and meet the hospital's strategic growth plans. Completes evaluations of staff with the guidance of Manager. Instructs employees in all required hospital codes. Trains new employees on assigned duties. Completes daily rounds on floors and conducts quality checks on a daily basis. The position will attend Bed Board meetings and updates Bed Board status in the computer
* Round floors, closely monitor employees to obtain expected productivity levels as well as quality of work and ensure patient care centers are maintained to the highest levels in order to achieve optimum HCAPS scores.
* Responsible for conducting quality checks in all areas, patient rooms, and common areas.
* Responsible for daily departmental activities utilizing available resources.
* Attends Bed Board meetings to get a clear picture of census, discharges, admissions, and any other activity in the hospital.
* Assists in preparing daily assignments and adjusts routine when needed to ensure all areas are staffed and cleaned properly.
* Checks daily census and assigns staff accordingly to maximize productivity.
* Resolved problems arising from patient and staff complaints documenting action taken and communicates to the Director/Manger and fellow staff members.
* Communicates effectively with nursing regarding staff assignments.
* Coordinates with the Nursing Supervisor to set priorities and redistribute work stemming from a high occurrence of transfers and discharges.
QUALIFICATIONS POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
* High School Diploma or its equivalent, preferred.
* Three years of supervisor experience in healthcare food and nutrition services preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Adaptability - Effectively adapts to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
* Energy - Maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary;
* Empathy - Deals effectively with others who may be experiencing stress and loss to reduce tension
* Stress Tolerance - Maintains stable performance under pressure
* Communication - Communicate clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders, customers, and management
* Customer Engagement - Able to effectively engage with patients and family member as appropriate to meet there need and expectation for cleanliness during their stay
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Must be able to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids. Must be able to speak, write, and read in English.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.