Posted in Other 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Richmond, Virginia
The Key Account Manager leads the company's efforts to increase loyalty, dealer share, improve overall business growth and expand relationships with small to medium multi-location customers. Assigned to key regional retailers, the Key Account Manager is responsible for developing strategic sales plans to achieve budgeted sales goals and assigned strategic account objectives.
This role may represent the entire range of the TSI portfolio of products, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring customer's needs and expectations are met by the company. The key focus is on the customer's headquarters and buying office, while coordinating closely with field sales associates assigned to the account.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
* While position primarly covers the Roanoke, VA area, candidate may reside in Richmond, VA - Knoxville, TN or High Point, NC areas.
* Responsible for sales, profit, expense, advertising, marketing and merchandising functions for assigned regional account buying offices and retail outlets, as well as other accounts as appropriate.
* Develops a strategic sales and profit plan to build key-decision-maker relationships within the accounts, and orchestrates internal resources to ensure maximum results from marketing programs and account specific training materials used in the training for sales associates
* Initiates and implements approved pricing policies for all marketing programs to maximize profit objectives
* Develops core annual marketing and advertising programs with each account.
* Develops short and long range business plans for each customer
* Interfaces with multiple business functions
* Analyzes performance and implements strategy to achieve goals/reinforce brand position
* Ensures RSA's are trained to deliver presentations
* May work with retailer to establish pricing, subsidies, etc.
* Coaches and mentors FSC's to ensure high quality representation of the brands
* Responsible for growing account revenue, profit, margin, share to achieve budgeted goals
* Owns small to medium regional accounts
* Interfaces with various internal company business departments
* Ensures communication of all customer-specific programs, corporate guidelines, corporate policies.
* Keeps Company executives updated on the strategic plans of customers.
* Visits field on a regular schedule to evaluate and improve the sales effectiveness of the FSCs.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
* Strong business acumen to include P&L Management
* A passionate ambassador for the brand with the ability to convey the corporate message (vision and strategy) convincingly to the customer
* Unwavering personal integrity and ability to build relationships based on trust and respect
* Ability to assess business performance and opportunities
* Ability to listen and desire to learn
* Excellent problem solving skills that rely on creativity and innovation to drive results
* A player coach who can clearly articulate a vision and ensure its implementation
* Ability to build strong collaborative relationships internally across multiple functions and externally with customers and vendors
* Organized, good communication skills both orally and in writing
* Personally dynamic with a strong work ethic
* Process and solution oriented, keeps the long term in the forefront while solving for the short term
Internal and External Interfaces:
Member of the Sales organization
* Reports to: RSD, Field Sales
* Direct Reports: indirect influence for FSC team, up to 10 sales team members
* Product Development
* Category Management
* Customer Service
* Between five - seven years sales experience with a career emphasis on bedding, furniture, or premium consumer durables
* Demonstrated track record of building and maintaining outstanding customer relationships
* Able to expand customer base, increase profit, revenue and balance of share
* Bachelor's degree (BA, or BS) from four-year college or university is required.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
* Athena and/or Business Objects
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: This role is a field position based in the employee's residential home office. Regular, high volume travel may be required to build customer relationships in a retail-focused environment. Customer interaction is expected to mirror regular and customary 'retail' hours of operation. Some stress may occur due to the fast-paced, change-oriented, results driven organization.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results outlined herein..
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled