Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree in basic science or equivalent; no experience required.JOB DESCRIPTION:Performs varying standardized laboratory assignments and experiments.
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED DUTIES
* The area of research would be related but not limited to tick borne diseases transmission.
* Work on research projects, set up and conduct standard research experiments, prepare biological assays, quantitative and qualitative analysis, assist in the compilation, tabulation and preliminary analysis of data collected, potentially present data at national and international conferences.
* Assist the PI in writing manuscripts, prepare progress reports, and protocols of animal experiments.
* Experiments in BSL-2, insectary and potentially ABSL-2 labs.
* Conduct daily operation of the laboratory, including ordering of reagents and maintaining the equipment, as well as to writing standard protocols.
* Applicants should be highly motivated and able to conduct research experiments that lead to publications in internationally recognized journals. Good communication skills and writing skills are highly desired.
B.A./B.S. in basic science, biology or related areas
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE
* Experience with animal manipulation and/or arthropod manipulation are preferred.
* A candidate is expected to perform basic experimental procedures, molecular techniques, ELISAs, Western blot, sample staining, maintaining cell cultures, some in vivo procedures, processing and preliminary analysis of results.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 67394