Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
This position is in the AXIS ALM unit of the Modeling Center of Excellence (COE), which is a centrally organized modeling team promoting best practices and process improvements through collaboration and talent mobility. This function promulgates consistent system design across AXIS models, mitigating and arbitrating issues and risks for model development and maintenance.
The AXIS ALM team is responsible for research of user modeling needs, proof of concept development, model development, and model testing in AXIS. The team also interfaces with users to provide AXIS consultative services. The Modeling COE associate will work closely with associates from the business units, the Projections COE, the Valuation COE, ESS and other teams within the Modeling COE.
This role within the AXIS ALM team will be a key member of a new, multidisciplinary product team leveraging Agile project management to design an end-to-end ALM projection solution for the enterprise. The associate will be expected to investigate ALM customer needs and create model and process solutions that empower the user and liberate their time to provide additional insights.
In particular, this associate will be heavily involved in the research, design, development and testing of a future-state, streamlined ALM engine within the AXIS platform, developing a deep understanding of multiple asset and liability types and ALM concepts, while driving more robust ALM modeling capabilities across the company. Development of this streamlined engine will also involve redesigning the model input and output processes. In addition, this associate will support the development of an automated model building tool that simplifies AXIS model development and allows for a more flexible structure.
The individual will have the opportunity to develop skills in various software platforms such as Moody's AXIS, Visual Basic, advanced MS Excel, SQL Server Express, and R/Python/Julia through their core job responsibilities of model development, testing, and end-to-end system automation.
• Bachelor's degree is required.
• ASA or above preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of actuarial experience required.
• Experience in model development, implementation and/or validation a plus.
• Experience with AXIS and end-to-end model automation is a highly preferred.
• Knowledge of life insurance, annuity and retirement products is a plus.
• Superior technical skills and ability to understand complex quantitative concepts and models.
• Strong communication skills to be able to explain complex concepts to non-actuarial business partners.
• Programming experience preferred (MS Excel, Visual Basic, R, Python, Julia, etc.)