Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
Prudential is seeking a Director and Actuary to be the Re-Rate Team Leader for the Company?s Long-Term Care (LTC) Insurance line of business, reporting directly to the Chief Actuary of the LTC business.
This position may be based virtually, however, initial travel to our Newark, NJ and Dresher, PA offices in the beginning will be required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong technical and leadership abilities and be able to collaborate successfully with other members of the actuarial staff as well as our business and corporate partners. The Re-Rate Team Leader is responsible for rate increase strategy, including prioritization and execution of initial filings and objection responses, as well as providing support to rate increase implementation efforts, special pricing projects and initiatives, and completion/submission of various LTC Compliance reports, such as NAIC claim denial, lapse/replacement, Market Conduct Annual Statement, and Partnership reports. In addition, this role coordinates with the Vice President & Actuary, Pricing to ensure rate increase filings reflect the LTC pricing business strategies and financial plans set forth by the Vice-President & Actuary, Pricing.
Team management responsibilities include:
· State rate increase filings and objections
· Preparing and reporting of rate increase results to senior management
· Organizing and preparing materials and presentations for Steering Council, Risk Committee, other team meetings and state DOIs
· Supporting the activities of the senior leadership team of the business
· Managing state and federal annual reporting requirements for the LTC business
· Optimizing the rate increase operating model to maximize the value of the rerate strategy
· FSA or ASA/MAAA with 10+ years of actuarial experience with a strong concentration in LTC products and demonstrated leadership capabilities
· At least 3 years of recent experience in developing LTC rate increase filings and/or responding to rate increase filing objections, as well as an understanding of the current regulatory landscape
· Excellent technical, managerial, organizational and communication skills
· Strategic thinker with ability to lead change and collaborate with other actuarial teams, corporate partners and business leaders
· Motivate, strengthen and mobilize talent to improve efficiency and effectiveness
· Excellent presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate results to influence senior management