Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices with over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enables our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek’s Industry Services team provides technical solutions that help customers maximize operational efficiency, ensure asset reliability, improve quality, and minimize safety risks. Some of our many service areas include inspection, non-destructive and materials testing, technical training, engineering, surveying, QA/QC, and supplier auditing.
The QA/SQS Representative implements and administers the Quality Assurance Plan that is manifested by the QA Manager in the field (construction/ fabrication sites) and participates on a day-to-day basis in those quality assurance activities that provide Quality Assurance Support for the Capital Projects Organization.
Position will report to the onsite Construction Superintendent and support Kuparuk Operations for 3 months, 3-4 weeks off Dec/Jan, then support Alpine.
• The QA Representative is accountable to fully engage in Capital Projects during the execute phase and to communicate and support the Capital Project Organization as defined in the detailed roles and responsibilities within this document. Liaison for client to contractor issues
• Provides Management, employees, agency and contract employees assurance that facilities operated by meet design criteria for safety, reliability and performance, and that they comply with regulatory requirements
• Capture lessons learned for continuous improvement of processes / procedures Vendor / Supplier / Contractor Bid Analysis and Surveillance:
• Become familiar with the Project Specific Quality Plan for the project and perform according to that plan. At a minimum the Project Specific Quality Plan shall describe in detail the objective, Quality Policy, required procedures, organization, management review, Quality Assurance / Supplier Quality Surveillance activities, resource schedule, inspections, verifications, audits, value improving practices, and responsibilities required to manage project quality effectively. Additionally, the Plan shall include the quality activities associated with Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning activities; it shall also reference applicable Contractor Quality Plans to provide a complete picture of how quality is managed. If there are any discrepancies between this document and the Project Specific Quality Plan, inform the QA Coordinator and inquire for direction.
• Review and analyze vendor/supplier Quality Submissions (plans, resources, systems)
• Audit vendor/supplier implementation of specific quality plans QA Field Related Activities:
• Monitor and coordinate field QA personnel to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and plans
• Audit quality records throughout execution, including contractor field reports, non-compliance reports, and correspondence as related to quality
• Assist in the turnover of projects from contractor to Owner
• Audit vendor/supplier quality programs their implementation
• Implement Non-Conformance Reports(NCR) for audit findings
• Monitor and report on status of NCR’s
• Review QC Field Reports
• Act as liaison between QA/QC and vendors/suppliers/contractors, engineering, data management, and project teams
• Verify inspection and testing of new construction to ensure compliance with design, specifications, codes, standards, and regulatory requirements
• Other duties as assigned by the QA Coordinator
• NSTC training required
• Valid Drivers License
• Current AWS Certified Welding Inspector Certification (CWI) or Mechanical Engineering Degree. Current Eye Test (within 1 year) for color blind and distance per AWS QC1 requirement for certification to CWI.
• Be physically able to conduct field duties as required by Company
HSE (Note specific training requirements): Complete HSE Training requirements as outlined by Training Server for Mechanical QA Field Position.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.