Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
CWS is seeking a candidate to provide systems engineering support for a customer-focused technology service contract supporting the Aviation Logistics Center (ALC) in Elizabeth City, NC. The U.S. Coast Guard Aviation Logistics Center Information Systems Division's (ISD) objective is to obtain services for IT support and the required on-site technical personnel for mission support for the Asset Logistics Information Management System (ALMIS), Aviation Logistics Center – Logistics Support System (ALC-LSS), Coast Guard Logistics Information Management System (CG-LIMS), Account Management and Help Desk Support. This support includes overall operations of logistics focused on engineered IT systems at ALC and the Coast Guard's applications and enterprise systems.
The ideal candidate will Perform additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems, and attached devices include investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation, and testing of new network hardware and software. Provide direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems, including the evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems using knowledge of hardware and software installation and maintenance in a PC/LAN_WAN environment. Maintain network infrastructure standards including network communication protocols such as TCP Transport Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
The candidate possesses problem solving, verbal and written communication skills. Detail-oriented individual, capable of consistently meeting project and schedule deadlines. The candidate should have experience with Information Technology support within a federal government environment and demonstrated experience in working with various teams within the IT support structure.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Performs in all phases of systems development and implementation, with special emphasis on study and analysis, and testing and acceptance phases.
* Performs evaluation of current IT operations in order to determine multi-year projections for personnel, hardware, and software.
* Participates in hardware/software evaluations.
* Supports systems analysts, as well as Government personnel to ensure that the problem has been properly identified and that the solution shall satisfy the customer's requirements.
* Provides technical expertise and guidance in IT specialties not covered by other specialists.
* Provides systems analysis in a specialized IT area(s)
* Monitoring and managing all installed systems and infrastructure.
* Establish, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
* Plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency.
* Timely reporting on the system issues on a requested basis.
* Support maintenance of business system environments to meet 24-hour operational requirements and availability along with government security standards.
* Support environments configured using VMWare Server Virtualization software.
* Support remediation of business system vulnerabilities within the designated calendar days of work assignment tasking from the Security Team. Submit POAM corrective action plan for vulnerabilities that cannot be remediated.
* Perform daily system backups ensuring no loss of data for ALC-LSS system.
* Support scheduled upgrades of the ALMIS, ALC-LSS, and CG-LIMS system and subsystems.
* Support maintenance of Citrix server farm and the applications that are hosted on it.
* Support maintenance of SAS configurations on all environments and SAS datasets.
* Provide support to configure, maintain, troubleshoot and repair Storage Area Networks (SANs) for ALC LSS.
* Support maintenance of Cognos application on all environments to meet 24-hour operational requirements along with government security standards.
* Support maintenance of the local Windows domain to include all aspects of upgrading for support and compliance with government security standards for ALC-LSS.
* Provide support to remediate system vulnerabilities within the designated calendar days of work assignment tasking from the Security Team. For vulnerabilities that cannot be remediated, POAM corrective action plan must be submitted.
* Support maintenance of Oracle Web-logic applications to meet 24-hour operational requirements and availability along with government security standards. Business systems vulnerabilities should be remediated within the designated calendar days of work assignment tasking from the Security Team. For vulnerabilities that cannot be remediated, POAM corrective action plan must be submitted.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
* Two (2) years’ experience current operating systems
* Capable of performing systems analysis in specialized IT areas such as telecommunications, operating systems software, software/hardware integration, software validation, and verification preferred.
* Capable of defining all required database administration policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and SOP.
* At least one relevant technical certification is desired.
-Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
-Cisco Certified Network Associate
-CompTIA A+, Network +, or CompTIA Server+
-VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
* ITIL v3 Foundations - desired
* Agency Specific (Favorably adjudicated Background Investigation)
* US Citizen or permanent resident
Other (Travel, Work Environment, Administrative Notes, etc.)
* Limited travel to company office locations and other contract sites may be required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf