Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Baker Hughes, a GE Company, has an opening for an Analytical Chemist, to be based out of Evansville, WY. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high-performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
* Functions as analytical chemist in regional analytical laboratory in upstream chemicals for oil and gas production systems.
* Responsible for high throughput sample analysis and reporting for oilfield produced fluids and solids.
* Functions as team member on high caliber team conducting analytical work.
* Provides expert knowledge to support, Q/A and Q/C and method development.
* Experience with instrument efficiency and validation and data reporting via LIMS data management system.
* As team member, shares responsibility for timely accurate throughput for large volume of samples to support regional operations.
* Must have Bachelor s Degree in Chemistry with strong analytical background.
* 15+ years experience working in environmental analytical chemistry lab.
* At least 1 year experience functioning in Baker Hughes upstream chemicals lab.
* Expert level experience with GC/MS and HPLC and analytical method development.
* High level instrumentation and analytical experience to help advance capabilities of regional lab.
* Solid experience with data management and LIMS data management system.
* Ability to manage large data sets and analyze.
* Self-starter, independent, and not requiring micromanagement.
* Expertise to pair up with lab director in providing vision and scope for expanding lab capabilities to keep pace with business growth.
* Ability to function in a high caliber team to drive a successful lab.
* Must be a strong team player willing to bond/network with a high caliber lab and technical team.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more