Test Engineer, Thermal Management
at Vertiv Corporation
Posted in Architecture 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Ohio
The Test Engineer will plan and conduct functional, control algorithm evaluation, product safety, operational, and performance tests on Vertiv Precision Cooling equipment and systems.
This will require reviews, checks, and supervision by the department manager while the associate is gaining proficiency in the assignment.
- Designs and develops instrumentation systems (typical HVAC/R measurements) that incorporate uncertainty analysis to produce the most accurate test systems for the dollar invested.
Designs and develops test set up and data analysis computer programs.
Designs and directs engineering and technical personnel in fabrication of testing and test-control apparatus and equipment.
Determines conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations.
Collects, analyzes and interprets performance, functionality, and control operation data.
Processes raw data to ensure the validity and accuracy of the measured results.
Analyzes and interprets test data and prepares technical reports for use by engineering and management personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- Working knowledge of communication systems including Ethernet, RS485, RS232, and serial to Ethernet conversion
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice. Specifically:
- Working knowledge of fluid dynamics and heat transfer as used in vapor compression systems and other heat moving equipment.
- Working knowledge of metal fabricating, wiring, refrigeration assembly and service processes (brazing, soldering, leak check, evacuation, charging) as used in the HVAC/R industry.
- Working knowledge of data acquisition equipment and software, and IT networking necessary for transmitting test results.
- Good planning, organizing, documentation and communication skills.
- Mastery of MS Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Exposure to MS Project, LabView, MatLab