Posted in Architecture 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
TransCore, (TRN) a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time .NET Software Developer to join the Software Development Team in Hummelstown, PA (the greater Harrisburg, PA area). The .NET Software Developer will be responsible for the ongoing support of our Integrity CSC application at numerous customer installations throughout the US. This position will involve the day-to-day maintenance activities as well as the development of customer specific enhancements on a per change order request basis.
Duties and Responsibilities require:
Strong proficiency as a Software Developer utilizing the .NET framework, VB, C#, and SQL to support as well as architect and deploy customer specific extensions to the Integrity CSC application.
Strong experience in debugging .NET service oriented (SOA) Windows applications using WCF/WPF.
Providing software support for our Integrity CSC installations during normal business and off hours.
Ongoing performance improvements to the Integrity CSC application including database objects and the DNN website.
Design and development of well documented source code.
Development of both unit testing and system testing scripts that will be incorporated into the QA process.
· Understanding concepts of data modeling and system configuration
· 5+ years of professional experience architecture, developing, and maintaining solutions in the .NET framework (e.g., C#, VB.NET, and ASP.NET) utilizing Visual Studio (2005-2015)
· 5+ years of professional experience developing SQL queries, stored procedures and functions. Latest experience should have been with using most recent versions of SQL Server.
· Experience using visual studio and TFS
· Solid working knowledge of applications for data analysis and presentation (i.e., Microsoft SQL Server, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, VISIO etc.)
· Working knowledge of RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems) concepts.
· Solid hands-on experience with analytics. Includes data analysis, generating insights and providing actionable recommendations
· Strong understanding of best practices and coding disciplines
· Solid understanding of back office tolling operations
· Proven track record of delivering high-quality data and reporting results on time and within deadlines
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both at detail and summary levels
· Highly motivated team player and a self-starter.
· Strong knowledge of Object Oriented concepts
· Professional tolling industry experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Master’s degree is preferred.