Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Porterville, California
TITLE: Kitchen Equipment Technician
REVISED: June 24, 2019
APROVED: July 24, 2019
The Kitchen Equipment Technician will disassemble equipment for maintenance or repair. Service and repair domestic electrical or gas appliances such as refrigerators, stoves and repair or replace worn, damaged and or defective mechanical parts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates and preventively maintains and repairs all casino and hotel kitchen equipment, etc.
2. Complies will all established procedures, e.g. work orders, preventive maintenance, out of order kitchen equipment and emergencies.
3. Records and analysis operating logs and utilities, determines optional operating efficiencies and takes necessary corrective measures when variance from standards are excessive.
4. Carry out improvement maintenance and repair work on all kitchen services and equipment according to the standards and requirements.
5. Perform daily start up, shut down and inspection of equipment according to standards and requirements.
6. Clean equipment, parts, or tools to repair or maintain them in good working order.
7. Replace worn, damaged, or defective mechanical parts
8. Replace worn and defective parts such as switches, bearings, transmissions, belts, gears, or defective wiring.
9. Inspect systems to determine if they are operating properly.
10. Reassemble units after repairs are made, making adjustments and cleaning and lubricating parts as needed.
11. Maintain tools and equipment
12. Complete all work orders, forms and supervises contractors.
13. To attend to complaints from the Hotel/Casino Chefs and other departments.
14. Handle emergencies.
15. Comply with Hotel/Casino and department policies and procedures at all times.
16. Operates, preventatively maintains, and repairs of all freezers/Refrigerators including checking the compressor, motor evaporation fan motor, condense fan motor, possible Freon leaks, gas leaks, water leaks, replacing door gaskets etc.
17. Must attend and be certified in all applicable training programs required.
18. This position may require cross-training of both front and back of the house daily operations of the Food and Beverage Department.
19. All other departmental duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must have 2 years of Vocational Engineering courses. (Degree holders would be an advantage)
2. At least 2 years' experience as a Kitchen Technician in a food and or Beverage Operation.
3. Average writing and or verbal communication skills, excellent attention to detail, exceedingly well organized, conflict resolution ability and leadership skills.
4. Skills and ability to multi-task.
5. A team player, highly motivated and able to work independently.
6. Attention to detail, service-mind oriented.
7. Strong work ethics performed in the highest integrity.
8. Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions (written, oral or diagrammatic).
9. Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load.
10. Must be will and able to work required and scheduled shifts including overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays.
11. Must be able to obtain and retain a gaming license through the Tule River Tribe Gaming Commission.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL:
1. Must be able to stand, stoop and bend frequently, lift up to 100 pounds and push/pull up to 200 pounds.
2. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb ladders.
3. Occasionally required to operate small power tools.
4. Work conditions may be slippery or wet.
5. Noise level is moderate to high will working with equipment.
6. Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
7. Must be able to work in noisy and smoked filled environment.
8. May be exposed to flashing lights and ringing bells while working in stations located on the casino floor.
9. Must be able to perform all essential duties of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
REPORTS TO: Food and Beverage Manager
HOURS: The Casino Operates 24/7. Schedule, Shift, and hours will vary.
SALARY: $20.00 hour/ weekly pay/ overtime eligible
BENEFITS: Medical Dental, Vision, Group Life, and Healthiest You; Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), 401k, and PTO
PREFERENCE IN FILLING VACANCIES IS GIVEN TO QUALIFIED INDIAN APPLICANTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TULE RIVER INDIAN PREFERENCE ORDINANCE; VETERAN PREFERENCE. EAGLE MOUNTAIN CASINO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.