Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
The Certified Medical Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) is a multi-skilled worker who assumes a wide range of clinical and administrative roles within the physician office setting. Under the supervision of a Physician and/or the direction of a licensed nurse, the CMA provides direct and indirect patient care, performs laboratory and other testing, and may assist with clerical functions. The CMA serves as a key team player when interacting and communicating with patients and/or clinical staff in the ambulatory care environment.
* Under the supervision of healthcare provider, assists with performing patient treatments.
* Performs basic diagnostic procedures and specimen collection. Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition. Documents patient care given.
* Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning, and troubleshooting. Maintains examination area.
* May perform administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry, billing, and patient registration.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* CMA or RMA required through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
* Certification required upon hire or within 6 months from hire date if eligible to sit for exam must provide proof of eligibility. New Grads must obtain certification/registration within 1 year from hire date Must provide proof of graduation. Acquisitions must obtain certification/registration within 1 year from hire date.
* AHA BLS Provider certification
* Previous relevant healthcare experience.
* Associate's Degree preferred.
* Second language proficiency a plus.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.