Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
The iScribes business at Nuance has excellent career opportunities available now. We are looking for candidates with a positive attitude and a desire to work in a team environment. Join Nuance and become an integral part of a growing organization that is uniquely built around our customers and employees.
We have immediate openings for Full-time Remote Medical Ophthalmology Scribes.
Multiple part-time positions available! Work from home anywhere in the US, except CA, NYC, or Washington D.C.
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Nuance's Virtual Ophthalmology Scribes work nearly in real-time with a physician and their care team to complete documentation of clinic visits. Scribes support healthcare providers and their patients by learning medical documentation specific to ophthalmology, and using new technologies to create summaries of patient encounters. Our team saves time for providers by delivering accurate documentation within a couple hours of patient visits. Documentation includes patient histories, exams, radiographic findings, assessments, and treatment plans. Scribes make healthcare functional and efficient by allowing providers to keep their focus on their patients.
This is a full-time, work-from-home position with Benefits, and starting pay at $13 per hour. Work from home anywhere in the US besides California, NYC or DC. The position requires dedicated focus during business hours. A portion of training provided is one-on-one and requires face-to-face video sessions to provide hands-on instruction. The Nuance healthcare documentation team is growing and offers further development and career paths in training, quality assurance, and management.
Our team seeks candidates who are passionate about medicine and desire to impact the future of healthcare. We are looking for quick learners who can get up to speed with medical terminology to include anatomy and treatment modalities and strive for continual learning and improvement. We are team-oriented, and candidates will need to collaborate successfully with other teammates, managers, and other teams. Successful candidates will be eager to learn new technology and be open to making changes as new technologies evolve.
Additional information about the position can be found at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAivAuIem1BAHzQx6DKPfVYqidBRlKjFh
* Achieve ophthalmic scribing proficiency by completing the new scribe training program
* Provide virtual scribing coverage on the iScribes platform for a set of healthcare providers, which involves listening to audio recordings of patient clinic visits and summarizing medical facts in professional clinical reports (History of Present Illness, Physical Exam, Results, Assessment & Plan).
* Achieve proficiency in navigating EHRs and enter clinical reports and data directly into customer EHRs, adhering to specific clinic guidelines and workflows.
* Maintain a high quality standard and adhere to account-specific documentation which delineates documentation requirements for our customers.
* Collaborate with managers on feedback from providers and successfully resolve issues
* Opthalmologic certification or equivalent experience, including but not limited to COT and COMT. COAs will be considered.
* Excellent English professional writing skills; including advanced proficiency in grammar and spelling.
* Excellent listening skills and ability to understand diverse accents and dialects of physicians, their staff, and patients.
* Ability to work in a secure and private location on a personal computer with a reliable high-speed internet connection and that can run security software to ensure safe handling of health information.
* Ability to work during regular Eastern business hours, and to work outside of regular business hours as needed to meet customer deadlines.
* Ability to work under pressure and limit distractions to consistently meet deadlines.
* Ability to participate in live video chat and screensharing sessions for training requiring a webcam and microphone as well as quality headphones or earbuds.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team.
* Ability to type at least 60 words per minute.
* You must reside and be authorized to work in the United States.
* Experience as a medical scribe.
* Proficiency with medical terminology.
* Experience with the Google Suite family of products including Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs and Google Hangouts or other cloud-based productivity tools.
* Familiarity with Electronic Health Records; Epic or Athena experience is highly preferred.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.